• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is anyone on here experiencing shortages at your local grocery stores? Where are you located?

Forget toilet paper, beefaroni, bacon, Ho-Hos and Fruit Loops!!!

I went to a liquor store in Gainesville and the shelves were 30% full. For the love of God, I had to submit myself into buying Evan Williams whiskey. WTF is this world coming to!?!?!?
That's IT! TIME FOR REBELLION!!!!!

By major fallout I mean you will one day see some brands cease to exist. Not anyone that I've heard of (major brands) closing the doors yet, but some product lines being cut out or streamlined because of lack of supplies or labor.

Some brands will do well due to their ability to keep product on shelves and capitalize on the fact that more people are buying groceries at the present time.

I do know some brands that have struggled mightily due covid and it has been reflected in price increases across the board.

One thing I think will change down the road (total side note) is the way fast food companies develop new locations. I know of several that dinning rooms are still not open but the drive thru is. Some due directly to covid, some indirectly because of labor issues. That being said I believe many of these companies will look to adapt and stop developing new locations with wasted square footage and just be drive thru only.

Long story short, when it comes to major brands, it is just a personal prediction due to this not being long term sustainable. Some companies have softened the blow by using government grants, but who really knows what the long term will be?
If you aren't open, I'm not a customer. I haven't been to any nearby Chinese place since 2020. They installed these cheesey screen storm doors and cut a hole in them to pass food through. Bruh bye.

By major fallout I mean you will one day see some brands cease to exist. Not anyone that I've heard of (major brands) closing the doors yet, but some product lines being cut out or streamlined because of lack of supplies or labor.

Some brands will do well due to their ability to keep product on shelves and capitalize on the fact that more people are buying groceries at the present time.

I do know some brands that have struggled mightily due covid and it has been reflected in price increases across the board.

One thing I think will change down the road (total side note) is the way fast food companies develop new locations. I know of several that dinning rooms are still not open but the drive thru is. Some due directly to covid, some indirectly because of labor issues. That being said I believe many of these companies will look to adapt and stop developing new locations with wasted square footage and just be drive thru only.

Long story short, when it comes to major brands, it is just a personal prediction due to this not being long term sustainable. Some companies have softened the blow by using government grants, but who really knows what the long term will be?
interesting, thanks for your perspective. I agree this shortage issue is not sustainable long term. I think with the lift on the COVID vaccine mandate by Supreme Court we may see thing start to normalize. At least I hope that it does.

Forget toilet paper, beefaroni, bacon, Ho-Hos and Fruit Loops!!!

I went to a liquor store in Gainesville and the shelves were 30% full. For the love of God, I had to submit myself into buying Evan Williams whiskey. WTF is this world coming to!?!?!?
I’d rather just wait.

Can’t find Caffeine free Diet Pepsi

Weird that our local small town store is about 2/3 full while Ingles in Toccoa is mostly stocked.

Publix in Senoia had absolutely 00 toilet paper Friday.
My girlfriend is a mgr at publix. It’s company wide as well as everyone else. It’s not only the fact that nobody wanted to work and places shut down due to labor shortages, covid welfare to sit on your lazy ass money. But also because of a national shortage of truck drivers that make 80k a year because Everyone wants thier kid to grow up go to college and get an awesome career in Starbucks barista management

Fed made printer go brrrr while saying inflation is transitory. They’ve walked that back on it being transitory and it’s only going to get worse from here. Ask Venezuela how out of stock shelves become the norm. With a mental midget in the white house I’m sure we are going to make 2008 look like it was a cake walk.

Really? Are there that many of you that didn't think ahead?
IMG_20220116_172522.jpg
IMG_20220116_172544.jpg
IMG_20220116_172808.jpg

Back
Top Bottom