• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is a tax stamp needed for this?

Pic of me
Capture+_2020-12-09-17-32-39-1.png

Yes, you would pin and weld them, hence permanently attached.

You're not sending a firearm to the gunsmith, just barrels which are completely unregulated anyway. Wouldn't even need a licensed gunsmith any machinist could do it.
Okay so less than 18" shotgun barrels alone don't violate NFA? I guess that makes sense. So in theory if in some odd scenario I lost every part of my Shockwave except the 14" barrel that's not a legal problem?

Some of the info here is incorrect, the chokes do not have to be pin and welded and could be just 360 welded as that is also an approved method. If the barrels are separate from the gun and in a different location he is not breaking any laws. He very well could separate and file a form 1 and would be just fine and reassemble when approved. The barrels really don't even need to be threaded for the choke and just weld it on. PM me if you wanna do something like that.
Good info, I wasn't sure if there was other approved methods. Hopefully he gets with you to save this gun instead of destroying it. Would look cool with some long ported chokes on it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom