• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is a full auto MP5 useful for home defense?

The Prosecuting Attorney will LOVE You!...

I would choose a gun that is standard issue and with factory loads(NOT Home reloads ). Why??? Because my answer to the Prosecutor is I use Federal Hydra shok used by 90% of the Police in the US and if that good enough for the Police its good enough for me!

You should talk to a Criminal Defence Attorney....Several on YOU TUBE.

Found on Quora and I agree:

The downsides of using NFA items in self-defense are two-fold:
  1. You’ll likely never get the NFA items back when taken for evidence. In general expect any firearm used in self-defense to be disposable. NFA items, especially suppressors and machine guns, expect them to be “lost” in the evidence room and taken into service by enterprising local police. Do you really want to risk a $30,000 machine gun going into some officer’s private collection?
  2. Should your case go to trial, you’ll have your lawyer trying to explain to low-information voters with Hollywood perceptions of suppressors and machine guns about how their use wasn’t nefarious or deviant. A suppressor you might be able to convince a jury was reasonable. A machine gun you will not.

Also the castle doctrine protects you from the Perpetrator, BUT not from killing your neighbor or innocent bystander.

You shoot someone... You will become familiar with the justice system.... i.e. possible arrest and court trial.

IGNoRANCE OF THE LAW is no excuse...... Take the time to learn your weapon and to learn the LAW!

GG Out!

Back
Top Bottom