• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is 10mm worth getting into?

Shoot placement is more critical than energy ballistics.
That’s why I prefer the 9mm I can put more rounds where
I Agree entirely when speaking about a defensive round, with a hunting round I want enough potency to do the job. The first shot should go exactly where you want it regardless of recoil.

Got my first 10mm, Gen 4 Glock 29 a few years ago. Great shooting gun and accurate for a sub-compact. Does have some recoil for its size. As stated, buy only loads from reputable manufacturers as Underwood, Cor-Bon, etc to get the best that the cartridge has to offer. I love the 10mm so much I traded up and got a Glock 20 SF Gen 3. Havent shot it yet but will believe that it will be just as good as the Glock 29. My first time getting familiar with 10mm was EAA Witness 10mm. Great shooter also!

Just picked up my Gen 4 G20 today - what a beast. This is a very cool handgun. Have some Underwood extreme penetrators and some range stuff to try. Very stoked! I collapsed all my exotic calibers to G19 9mm after Sandy Hook - this is the only non-9 I own. But a backcountry trip to bear laded WY next month got me looking to something a little more critter oriented.

Makes sense. It just sounded like an interesting gun/caliber to me. Seemed like it could be fairly versatile.

To me it seemed like a "tweener" round... high capacity 9mm might be ideal to conceal and for self defense...but not so good against a hog, bear, dear or whatever... A hot .357 Mag might be better for 4 legged critters, but a 6" .357 is harder to carry and conceal and has limited capacity, should you be unfortunate enough to take a wrong turn and end up in a "mostly peaceful protest" that is destroying that part of town...

In steps the 10mm that offers the capacity of the 9mm, but packs the punch of the hot loaded .357 Mag... Or at least, that was my reasoning...

Or maybe I am just trying to justify a new toy to play with. lol
Not just.... Haha . You are correct imho and according to simple searches on line for ballistics. Haters gonna hate lol . For mag capacity it comes down to .45 or .10mm for me and as much as I love .45acp there’s too much difference at 100yds. Nobody in their right mind carries a .40 or 9mm hunting. I don’t believe the 10mm will disappoint. That’s my story and I’m stickin too it , as far as a universal/multi tool.

Back
Top Bottom