• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

iPhone 5s (has issues) **Gone

Beulah Land

Default rank <3000 posts
An old song for an old soul
144   0
Reaction score
Free iPhone 5s. The phone itself is cosmetically great but it has some issues. I believe it will only charge with an amazon branded charger as the guy at the repair shop said something about I used that charger for so long that it broke the phone to only use those chargers? The last time I tried to use an amazon charger it wouldn’t work(hadn’t tried to charge it in a year before that) It also only last for a few hours when it is charged, even though the battery was replaced to fix that issue(it didn’t). Would probably be good for someone who knows how to fix phones or for parts.

Honestly, it's junk... It won't run the latest IOS versions, and as such it won't get security patches. Also, I doubt the charger matters, the battery is just done in. My 6s went the same way.

You are better off just trading it in on a new phone, or simply recycling it. Phones are just little computers, at some point you just have to let them go to that big silicon factory in the sky.

Honestly, it's junk... It won't run the latest IOS versions, and as such it won't get security patches. Also, I doubt the charger matters, the battery is just done in. My 6s went the same way.

You are better off just trading it in on a new phone, or simply recycling it. Phones are just little computers, at some point you just have to let them go to that big silicon factory in the sky.
I already have had a new phone for years now. This one has just sat in the drawer for at least 3 years.

If the battery was good you can donate them to women's shelters. They will always call 911 whether they are on a plan or not. But if it's not reliable, I would just recycle it.

Back
Top Bottom