• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interest in Straight Razor & Wet Shaving Clinic (or table)??

I go to an old school barber shop and they do straight shaves. I don't get the beard shave but the back of neck shave is part of the haircut. They are good. They have never so much as nicked me.
clippers just can’t get the back of the next as well as a straight razor. Old man Wooten in Milledgeville gave the best haircuts partly because of the sideburn/neck shave.

The ladies at Bulldog Barber in Athens try, but they’re not as good.

Since we've resurrected this post, and since I've started using a 1957 safety razor and have found some straight razors in a pawn shop, I say "Yes".

"Yes," I'd appreciate a class at ODT 20/21/22 on shaving.

I haven't thought about this in some time. Not sure if I will even be able to attend the meet or not. We are understaffed at our office and have been overwhelmed with work. :(

bobbylee bobbylee
Yeah, the area under the nose is more difficult.

GodBlessTheUSA GodBlessTheUSA
What did you get? Any pictures? A Gillette Slim (adjustable) double edge razor is my go-to now. I think part of the head needs to be straightened out a little though, so I would like to send it to someone that does tune-ups on old adjustable razors.

I picked up a 1957 TTO flared end. In great condition.

The straight razors were a mix of German (D&B), one made in Sheffield England (Wall…?), one from St Louis (Karnak and More). I could t find a make on the Last one

I’m on the fence about the straight razors.

Back
Top Bottom