• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Insomnia cures?

I think that's part of getting older. If you're retired just sleep when you can. If you're not physically active, do some cardio. It helps me. My biggest problem is waking up at 0300-0400hrs as that was what time I used to get up. It took me over a year to get out of that grove. Main thing is don't stress, it should change

Well there is benzo's but hard to get. I struggled with insomnia for decades. Self medicated to sleep and finally a doc prescribed Seroquel. It will knock you on your ass. It's used for a lot of things but in small dosages 100-150 mg. It will do the trick. I only take it if I can't sleep because it does leave a nasty hangover. And hangover I mean a very long sleep spell in the morning before it wears off. It's the only thing short of a heavy narcotic that can knock you out and keep you asleep.

Well there is benzo's but hard to get. I struggled with insomnia for decades. Self medicated to sleep and finally a doc prescribed Seroquel. It will knock you on your ass. It's used for a lot of things but in small dosages 100-150 mg. It will do the trick. I only take it if I can't sleep because it does leave a nasty hangover. And hangover I mean a very long sleep spell in the morning before it wears off. It's the only thing short of a heavy narcotic that can knock you out and keep you asleep.
Take two a night with several other pills.My mind still fights it for hours. Once I’m out, I’m out

Ambien for the win, as long as you have someone to make sure you can't get on the internet or drive to town naked or soak in the old rain barrel saying its your hottub
I used to take Ambien. Every night.
During the day I had what can only be described as "Brain Fog".
The stuff works great.
It's the day after I couldn't get along with.

Ambien for the win, as long as you have someone to make sure you can't get on the internet or drive to town naked or soak in the old rain barrel saying its your hottub

for me the Ambien never really worked well ( but that's me ) even 10 mg . Heck a little sleep walking / Net use would make my life more exciting LOL.

This.^^^^^^^

Struggled for years. Did sleep studies, took sleep aids, etc.....
Finally had to address my ADHD issue at almost 50. My Doctor prescribed a stimulant and I now sleep like a baby at night. Lay down, fall asleep, stay asleep, and wake up refreshed. It's a miracle.

Funny how a Stimulant during the day will help you sleep at night .

Stimulants shut me down while depressants give me energy. Strange brain I have . LOL

I had severe insomnia up to age 32 , even drinking I'd be the last one up still ready to party , I was known to stay up 2 days drinking w/o any other drugs .

I started ( ..........) in 2003 & can fall asleep at will . I'd say what it is but I'd catch heck from many on here I'm afraid .

I'd say if you can fix this drug free do it , & if not ???

It's a compromise , / taking something every night or Bad health from not sleeping well .

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom