• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Independent Hauling. Cars, boats RVs ?

Lol. Newish model diesel truck, good trailer and maybe enough left for a night of hookers and blow.
Lol.
Well. I’ve got the truck and my hooker and blow days are well behind me......I’m mean I never have been into that......ok, once.....but not lately......anyway. I can save some expenses right there.

Lol.
Well. I’ve got the truck and my hooker and blow days are well behind me......I’m mean I never have been into that......ok, once.....but not lately......anyway. I can save some expenses right there.
:lol: Man I feel you on the adventure, if I had the means I would love to do it. Guy near me hauls mostly cars, has a trailer I believe hauls 3 at a time. Biggest thing is the vehicle wear and tear, maintenance and of course insurance. Plus DOT boys and idiot drivers lol

:lol: Man I feel you on the adventure, if I had the means I would love to do it. Guy near me hauls mostly cars, has a trailer I believe hauls 3 at a time. Biggest thing is the vehicle wear and tear, maintenance and of course insurance. Plus DOT boys and idiot drivers lol
I’ve been looking into these OTR Hot Shot drivers. It seems most are becoming YouTube stars. Doesn’t look like much fun trying to broker loads all day long.

What’s the going rate for a good hooker with some blow these days?

Does anyone have any information about the independent hauling business?
I’ve heard of folks doing pretty well at it but can’t find much info. I’m talking 1Ton Pick up stuff. Not tractor trailers.
Let me know.
Thanks,

The cost between running a dually and running a small road tractor is not very different. The reality is you need to want to live in a truck. You are subject to DOT regulations and inspections. You can make a living but you will not get rich. People commonly save a buck by neglecting maintenance or using cheap parts and Chinese tires. All of that is short sighted and will bite you in the ass. Reliability is key. As for insurance make sure it will cover all of the cargo and then some. There have been several cases of guys hauling exotic cars and crashing and not having enough insurance to cover the damage. As stated above it is cut throat and customers will dump you for a dollar. Vendors will slow pay. Some parts of the country are hard to get loads out of. Some parts of the country you will be harassed ( Ca, the Northeast US states) Things you buy at a local store cost a lot more when sold to you by a road service truck or a 24 garage at a truck stop. You will wear out a truck and a dually will wear out faster than you ever imagined loaded 24/7/365. The cost of a medium duty IHC in a 5th wheel configuration brand new MSRP is about $75,000, A GMC Silverado medium duty with any options and diesel is about $63k.

I looked into this at length and even dabbled. The only way to make good money is to offer q specialized service of some type. Your basic operating cost just to drive is going to be 40 to 60 cents a mile, before insurance, dot stuff, etc. To haul cars you need 10 Mil worth of insurance. DOT has their foot on your throat about how long and how far you can drive, etc. You can get by, but you'll live in the truck, literally. Unless you can offer something special and get paid for it, I'd shy away.

And you asked what 100k will get you? I'll get you started and operating for a couple months.

Dabbling under the radar I ran went from Birmingham to PCB for 160 with a backseat full of stuff, Villa Rica Ga to Kill Devil Hills NC for 525 with a pontoon boat, Pensacola Fl to Carrolton Ga for 125 with a single jetski.

I’ve been looking into these OTR Hot Shot drivers. It seems most are becoming YouTube stars. Doesn’t look like much fun trying to broker loads all day long.

What’s the going rate for a good hooker with some blow these days?
Lol you're right. I see alot of that for some reason. Man down my way, $50 goes a looong way :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom