• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

inaugural Marion road gun club 3 gun match!!!!!

pistolpat

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
52   0
Reaction score
The inaugural 3 gun match at
Marion Road Gun Club Inc
was an absolute blast! It was nice to enjoy the sun with friends on the range again. This was the first UML style three gun match put on at this club and they did an exceptional job! the stages were fun while being conciderate of the current ammo situation. They have a great selection of targets that you don't see at a lot of local club matches which will give us a leg up when seeing them at major matches. The club is growing and investing a lot into hosting great 3 gun matches that will be second to none with their facility and drive the sky is the limit at Marion road gun club! I will keep everyone posted on when the next match will be held and I assure you it will not be one to miss!!!! Beginners are more than welcome and if you need help with any gear let me know I am more than happy to help!!!!

The inaugural 3 gun match at
Marion Road Gun Club Inc
was an absolute blast! It was nice to enjoy the sun with friends on the range again. This was the first UML style three gun match put on at this club and they did an exceptional job! the stages were fun while being conciderate of the current ammo situation. They have a great selection of targets that you don't see at a lot of local club matches which will give us a leg up when seeing them at major matches. The club is growing and investing a lot into hosting great 3 gun matches that will be second to none with their facility and drive the sky is the limit at Marion road gun club! I will keep everyone posted on when the next match will be held and I assure you it will not be one to miss!!!! Beginners are more than welcome and if you need help with any gear let me know I am more than happy to help!!!!
What weekend of the month are they running the matches?

What number shot are you using? Do you load different ones for different stages?
If there is more clay than steel I like #8 but if there is more steel I like #7.5 now if there is something like a spinner I go with #6 and 1300 FPS loads which is the heaviest and fastest bird load you can run per the rules and I will usually mix those into my loading count so they are only for the spinner. And you always use the tightest choke you need for the hardest shot on that stage for example I shot this whole match with a light mod and I should have reduced it for the last stage but I was tired and too lazy to swap lol

What weekend of the month are they running the matches?
I think the third Saturday is what they are going to do but don’t hold me to it they don’t have any set schedule for what weekend or how often yet. I would like to see them do it at least every other month but it’s up to the club and those who set it up and run it. As soon as I get word from the club president palmettomoon palmettomoon or my buddy Lance the match director I will let everyone know!

We will discuss (internally) frequency but at present we are thinking 3 per year... Maybe 4. Every third Saturday is SOME kind of "action/steel" match, format varies. Details are always posted on our Facebook page Marion Road Gun Club if not the website (www.marionroad.com).

@Koolaid did an awesome job planning the match and the help we had from participants in planning and tear down is much appreciated.

We will discuss (internally) frequency but at present we are thinking 3 per year... Maybe 4. Every third Saturday is SOME kind of "action/steel" match, format varies. Details are always posted on our Facebook page Marion Road Gun Club if not the website (www.marionroad.com).

@Koolaid did an awesome job planning the match and the help we had from participants in planning and tear down is much appreciated.
I didn’t know he was a member! They let anyone on here!

Back
Top Bottom