• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In the market for a new pickup.....

Wife has a '13 Sequioa with less than 70k miles on it. Looking to downsize and the local Toyota dealership will damn near pay her original purchase price back. Except they have nothing to sell her.........

look up the ford maverick. im praying it will be the answer the the cheap truck vacuum. supposedly 19k for the base model. about 25k for a fully loaded one the way i want. if they end up not being a piece of **** then i'll be ok with that.

Reactions: MRH
There will be repos in another year or two when the economy crashes. $65k truck most don't even put 5% down and they are selling like crazy. I can't imagine being tied to a $55k+ 7 year loan. That's a damn mortgage payment.

It's still going to be a 55k, 3 or 4 yr old truck after repo. Who wants to jump on that? The days of cheap repos are done, they are over. The banks and dealers will still offer them as 'certified" vehicles and tack on an additional $5k and finance it once again for 6 or 7 yrs. The majority of people buy the payment and dont factor in the toal cost of a vehicle. My kids almost disowned me when they wanted me to co-sign on the ($210 a month Chevy Malibu "cuz they can pay that err month" and I wouldn't do it) Now they have had a few of those car deals in their past and they see why I drive older cars that I pay cash for. Why pay some car dealer $400 a month with a 5% loan when you can sing that into your 401K and earn 3 or 4 or maybe 5 times that rate of return?

When they start putting chips in all of these trucks. They will be old and of sat to long. Imo. They will be warranty nightmares. They are simply to far behind and still producing them. They are over supplying. I think they will cause there own over supply and have to sell them cheaper. It might be in a couple years but there's no way 100k trucks won't flood the market. They'll want to get rid of these bad once there chips start rolling in.

The current used car/truck market is hysterical, people are pulling rust buckets out of the woods and asking 5 times over what the scrap value is. If you don't have to have a new vehicle, you should wait until the market begins to recover from the crash that's coming.

I am looking for a new Toyota Tacoma pickup. Prefer TRD 4WD manual trans. Bwahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Got a call this morning from a dealer I left my pseudo name at to call me when they start coming in. Said he had 3 '21 models coming in, and won't get anymore till Feb. '22 (bull shiite!).

I asked what his price was on the color I wanted...the sales manager said...MSRP plus an addendum of $5,000. So I ask, an addendum?...do you mean a reduction off of the MSRP? He said no, a premium on top of the MSRP due to the fact you will not be able to get any news ones till '22.

So I said, "I have NEVER ever paid MSRP for any new vehicle, let alone pay over MSRP. "Tell you what, you call me next year when you want to make a sale, as I am good for now, so no rush".

What the ****!?! So, I guess I will settle for a 4wd extended cab or single cab for now. Who has one for sale???
I sold my 2020 Tacoma manual trans. The electronic throttle and clutch never felt right to me. Even after doing the accumulator delete on the clutch. Electronic laggy throttle and a manual trans just don't work for me.

My company vehicle is a 2018 Ram Ecodiesel. It has 52,xxx miles on it. It slung a rod a few weeks back, but was under warranty. The dealership hoped to get a replacement engine within 2-3 months, but didn't give any promises.

In the mean time, we found a new 2500 diesel so went ahead and paid $10k over sticker.

Back
Top Bottom