• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In the market for a new pickup.....

This spring I got a wild hair for a new 2021 wrangler diesel and 1-touch top, found the package and color I wanted in Woodstock, dealer pulled this same crap with me, I said no.

So went out and bought a half-convertible top for my 10 year old wrangler hardtop, now I have whole new positive attitude... especially when I look at the balance of my checking account, I go Whoo Hooooo !!!!
I just sold my 2011, in never drove it.

Sorry to hear that, do you drive the Gallardo ?
I had surgery on my shoulder and did not want it to sit. I have had it two years it had 65k on it and I have never even put 3 tanks of gas in it. I have a big Dually and the hot rod . It was just sitting and rotting.
it was my 14 th Jeep. I’m sure I will get another one day

While the economy is pumped with lots of freshly printed cash, I don’t see purchasing slowing down anytime soon. With the proposed trillions more they want to spend, expect price increases to climb or stay elevated for a long time.

Wait for all the repos

They wont be any cheaper. Just like houses now, someone falls behind so the lender takes possession, spruce it up and BAM! Nice, newish, shiny inventory ready for the next sheep to fleece. 72 months financing? Hell - No Problem! Most people dont buy the car - they buy the payment. I mean what nut would sign on for a $55k and up vehicle that has major depreciation off the lot? (normally) Automobiles are just like stocks to me - BUY LOW! If someone needs a 3/4 or 1 ton truck for work, then I get it. You got to buy it to stay in business. But the average sucker, I mean consumer, just wants that new car smell for the 35 min drive to work every day. You have to be desperate or really out of touch to buy an automobile (or a house) in this market.

The only way you’re going to get a deal nowaday is word of mouth, or snagging a deal off Craigslist, Facebook, etc…

It’s painful to do, but sometimes I’ll occasionally peek at GON classifieds. Got one of the best deals of my life on a vehicle off GON.

Ain't no shame in that. I don't hate GON, but I will say that whole digital experience is terrible. I prefer ODT by far but a deal is a deal and I'll search FB, Craigslist, ODT and GON and Nancy Pelosi's kevlar corset if I have to in order to find one!

Wait for all the repos
There will be repos in another year or two when the economy crashes. $65k truck most don't even put 5% down and they are selling like crazy. I can't imagine being tied to a $55k+ 7 year loan. That's a damn mortgage payment.

Back
Top Bottom