• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In the market for a new pickup.....

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
I am looking for a new Toyota Tacoma pickup. Prefer TRD 4WD manual trans. Bwahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Got a call this morning from a dealer I left my pseudo name at to call me when they start coming in. Said he had 3 '21 models coming in, and won't get anymore till Feb. '22 (bull shiite!).

I asked what his price was on the color I wanted...the sales manager said...MSRP plus an addendum of $5,000. So I ask, an addendum?...do you mean a reduction off of the MSRP? He said no, a premium on top of the MSRP due to the fact you will not be able to get any news ones till '22.

So I said, "I have NEVER ever paid MSRP for any new vehicle, let alone pay over MSRP. "Tell you what, you call me next year when you want to make a sale, as I am good for now, so no rush".

What the ****!?! So, I guess I will settle for a 4wd extended cab or single cab for now. Who has one for sale???

Welcome to these times in 2021!!!

About the cheapest 4 door tacoma I see is 2021 SR for 34k + tax + blah on autotrader.

This year is crazy, trucks and suvs are up over 35% on many of models since 2018.

We hope prices deep, but chip supply is still lower than needed, demand is higher, trucks/suv's are extra premium right now.

Also be warned the tacoma is a great truck, but if your taller/larger they don't seem to have much room or much power.

Toyota is as of always seems to command higher prices and less wiggle room.

He’s probably not lying about getting any new ones in for awhile. With the chip shortage, it’s caused a backlog on deliveries. I have a buddy who is the sales manager at a Chevy dealership and where they used to get shipment sent via semi car carrier full they are getting shipments in onesies twosies

Wait until they get the chips to finish these trucks and the market is going to reset. Won't be good for the dealers, but should be good for the market.

I also have been looking. Decided to wait until spring at least. Have a 15 Tacoma pro. Looking at the Ford Tremor Ranger, New style Nissan Frontier pro 4x and of course the Tacoma. No reason to pay msrp now, going to be patient and just wait. 2022 Silverado will be a new style and maybe the Ranger Raptor will be built by next fall

Glad I'm old enough that my wants don't hurt me. Mine are old, but paid for at least. Besides I haven't been too keen on the new ones for a while now. My trucks have a real bumper and steel in the body. I don't understand putting a plastic bumper on a truck. The new ones do have lots more power, towing capacity, stop faster, a better ride and more comfortable though. But at the price difference I just can't justify it. Especially when they're more expensive than what I paid for my house

Have a friend in the business, Says his dealership is paying over what sticker was at the time of sale on 1 and 2 year old cars at auction. Form Motor company expects production delays into 2023. Car business is going to radically change over the next few years IMO. That being said I over payed for a new ride this week

IMG_6090.jpg

I seen a new Nissan 4x4 diesle it was lifted . Looked great, guy told me it cost him 64k
I almost laughed! Damn that, it was nice, but not half my house nice

Back
Top Bottom