• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In the ground, or in the fire, what's your choice for when that time comes?

Burial n the ground

• Cremation

Votes: 57 85.1%
  • Burial at Sea

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Burial in the ground.

Votes: 7 10.4%

• Total voters
I always wanted to be buried until I had to make arrangements for my dad. Now its fire me up and dump ashes out in the woods out back where I spend most of my time with the dogs. Funerals are a rip off and I don’t want nobody gawking at me when I’m dead.

Furnace works for me if my wife doesn't want to chalk up the money to bury me at sea. I think being shark food would be just as good as being ashes. I'm an organ donor though, so they can take anything of use first.

I've got a funny story about cremation. A VERY good friend of mine was a big guy. After he got a hip replacement his activity level went from 0 to 0- and he just ballooned after that, I'll bet he was close to 500# when he died. So, he got cremated, and had a service, where his ashes were in a box, with a prayer stool you can kneel on. After the service and on my way out, I did kneel and said a little prayer, and then I just burst out laughing. His wife thought I was losing it, and I got out of there pretty fast before anyone could figure it out. I get back in the car, and started laughing again hysterically, because the thought that came to mind was "How the f**k did they get all of him in that box."

RIP Don, I'm still not taking you fishing. But that's another tale.

I've got a funny story about cremation. A VERY good friend of mine was a big guy. After he got a hip replacement his activity level went from 0 to 0- and he just ballooned after that, I'll bet he was close to 500# when he died. So, he got cremated, and had a service, where his ashes were in a box, with a prayer stool you can kneel on. After the service and on my way out, I did kneel and said a little prayer, and then I just burst out laughing. His wife thought I was losing it, and I got out of there pretty fast before anyone could figure it out. I get back in the car, and started laughing again hysterically, because the thought that came to mind was "How the f**k did they get all of him in that box."

RIP Don, I'm still not taking you fishing. But that's another tale.
Fat will burn to nothing, almost. The ashes actually is just the leftover from the bones…

Back
Top Bottom