• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Improved AR reaction block

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
A buddy and I designed this improvement over the Geissele reaction block.

Oftentimes, when you are tightening the castle nut, the receiver will rotate and you end up with a receiver extension/stock that isn’t aligned with the receiver. This block guarantees that they stay in perfect alignment at all times.
0D23B893-20E6-403E-8B3E-A3A1F66EE55E.jpeg
0D0938D5-3D82-46E1-BECE-0D16290792B6.jpeg
29FE8C6F-3D75-4023-80BE-EA2A8089BB0C.jpeg
06ADDE7D-4FFB-4D9E-9705-53C29F0C97D4.jpeg

Great idea!! I have found that if you apply a bit of grease between the end plate and castle nut that it allows the two parts to be tightened without the dreaded twist of the buffer tube.

I always use AeroShell 64 between the two, and still would get clocking.

The cost of making those would be enormous. That is a precision tool that most AR builders wouldn't invest in. IMHO
Even though it serves it purpose well. Injection molded product out of poly ethylene would be much cheaper.
Just slide the buffer tube in a area like that but pre-molded and have a fork on the end to capture the grip base and a plate for a vise to grip. It would be much cheaper. To produce and would be affordable to the masses.
Don't get me wrong that is a fine piece of engineering but I am considering the cost per piece. I am not sure with today's cnc machines it might make it possible. Something to look into for mass production.

The cost of making those would be enormous. That is a precision tool that most AR builders wouldn't invest in. IMHO
Even though it serves it purpose well. Injection molded product out of poly ethylene would be much cheaper.
Just slide the buffer tube in a area like that but pre-molded and have a fork on the end to capture the grip base and a plate for a vise to grip. It would be much cheaper. To produce and would be affordable to the masses.
Don't get me wrong that is a fine piece of engineering but I am considering the cost per piece. I am not sure with today's cnc machines it might make it possible. Something to look into for mass production.

Thank you, but all of that has already been taken into consideration. We don’t need assistance with the overall design, manufacturing, or marketing. As a matter of fact, we already have a commitment with one of the best known manufacturers of AR parts that wants to carry these in their product lineup.

Geissele sells plenty of reaction blocks. This will be similar in price, but vastly improved in performance.

Back
Top Bottom