• Yes - I want to do the shoot house and have guns zip tied

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • No - I do not want to do the shoot house and prefer no zip ties

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Tacos

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Definitely was never meant as an insult. I have been talking with DTK on PM's, and it is just one of those rules that you can never, ever, under any circumstances break - no firearms anywhere near a force on force simulation scenario. Ever.

That being said, I think that the decision will most likely be that the shoot house will be closed.

Now let's all make sure not to do any of the **** we all see dumb asses do at public ranges!!

This is gonna be awesome - exactly what we all want gun shows to be!

Agreed. Although its free to attend why dont we have a donation jar for people who want to give thanks to DTK for letting us use his place for a swap and sell. Just an idea
I like this. Its the least we all can do for having DTK have to explain and justify their rules in their own house, over and over again, after offering a FREE swap meet for us. Its simple...if i dont like having regulations put on me somewhere...i dont go there. I will have tables set up and look forward to seeing and meeting those that DO come.

Its insulting that those of us that carry are asked to disarm. And I WAS planing on having a few high dollar items for sale. If I have to zip tied, I will most likely leave my cash and merchandise home. Might just come for a couple minutes for the social aspect.

Also, some of the guys like to bring some shiney wheel guns for show and tell. They most likely wont bring them if they are required to be zip tied. I was going to bring a couple of my rarer pieces to show off, but not if they are zip tied.

Carry guns should stay in your holster, guns for sale or trade should be unloaded, and proper procedures should be followed to show the gun is clear if someone picks it up and fondles it.

Do the shoot house thing another time.

If you are insulted it's because you don't understand why the rule. You are welcome come and enjoy the swap meet, but if live guns will be in the same area as training guns there will be zip ties. I really don't care who likes this rule and who doesn't, I will not change it.

The shoothouse was asked for, not my idea. It's not an easy thing to line up and pay RO's to be checking guns, be at each end of the shoothouse handing out the guns and taking them up, acting as OPFOR and making sure shooters are safe in general when there's no charge for anyone for the swap meet.

In the end, the poll will decide, if the majority doesn't want to clear the shoothouse I will remove all training guns from the facility so if a gun is present it will be live. With no training guns on the property and all training being cancelled for the day, I see no reason for zip ties.

I'll make he call at 10:00 PM tonight and post it here.

Last edited:
The rule is there to keep everybody safe, it's not in place to be a dick. Being a business owner it is also a liability that could cost you everything you worked for.

Agree , with "hikinghills" . It's his house and if you really think you need to be packin for your own safety and protection by all means stay home.

The poll has spoken. No shoothouse and no zip ties.

Know this, any gun being handled must be clear (unloaded) and all guns on the tables for sale must be clear (unloaded). Any violation of this and the offending party will be asked to leave.

Can't say that I'm disappointed, makes life easier for me. Now, I too can enjoy the meet.

All we were trying to do is accommodate a few folks that made the shoothouse request after I mentioned a possible swap meet.

If anyone would like to try their luck in the shoothouse they can let me know and we might be able to set up a different meeting just for that. Might even break out the simmunition for that one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom