• Yes - I want to do the shoot house and have guns zip tied

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • No - I do not want to do the shoot house and prefer no zip ties

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Tacos

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agreed. Although its free to attend why dont we have a donation jar for people who want to give thanks to DTK for letting us use his place for a swap and sell. Just an idea

I would vote for that. After all, it is a place of business.

I will respect your rules regardless of the decision, but I think more people are interested in the social and swap meet aspects than the shoot house. I'd prefer to keep my carry gun on me. The idea of publicly advertising that everyone will be unarmed but there will be money and merchandise available doesn't set well with me. I know those are gun show rules, but I don't go to gun shows. I'm a 90% will-attend for several hours if I can carry; I'm only 20% will-attend if I've got to be disarmed.

Its insulting that those of us that carry are asked to disarm. And I WAS planing on having a few high dollar items for sale. If I have to zip tied, I will most likely leave my cash and merchandise home. Might just come for a couple minutes for the social aspect.

Also, some of the guys like to bring some shiney wheel guns for show and tell. They most likely wont bring them if they are required to be zip tied. I was going to bring a couple of my rarer pieces to show off, but not if they are zip tied.

Carry guns should stay in your holster, guns for sale or trade should be unloaded, and proper procedures should be followed to show the gun is clear if someone picks it up and fondles it.

Do the shoot house thing another time.

Shoot house was a very generous offering!

Can we do it later so we don't need zip ties on Saturday?

Its insulting that those of us that carry are asked to disarm. And I WAS planing on having a few high dollar items for sale. If I have to zip tied, I will most likely leave my cash and merchandise home. Might just come for a couple minutes for the social aspect.

Also, some of the guys like to bring some shiney wheel guns for show and tell. They most likely wont bring them if they are required to be zip tied. I was going to bring a couple of my rarer pieces to show off, but not if they are zip tied.

Carry guns should stay in your holster, guns for sale or trade should be unloaded, and proper procedures should be followed to show the gun is clear if someone picks it up and fondles it.

Do the shoot house thing another time.
Even though I'm the one who said I'm a 20% will-attend if I've got to be disarmed, I have the utmost in RESPECT for their rules regarding their shoot house. In my opinion, they didn't clearly convey early enough why they were expecting people to disarm. The first time they bend or break their shoot house rules it will get easier to do it over and over until somebody gets seriously hurt. I've taken a couple of simunitions classes before, and there is an awful lot of trust you must place in the instructors and those hosting the class. Safety has to be the top priority. Knowing that they take safety this seriously has me even more interested in taking a future class from them. If you've never taken a situational simunitions class, then you won't understand. They're not insulting us. My $.02. YMMV. OMGWTFBBQ.

Back
Top Bottom