• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Impending doom feeling

When you go to bed worried, you don't sleep because you are constantly trying to solve your own problems. This seems to work well for me and my engineering brain on technical issues. Then I wake up with an approach to a solution.

But most things in life are not that easy. No formulas for how to deal with people. That is why, as others have said, you must bend a knee to the Good Good Father and ask for his will be done. You have to give it to God.

I like the movie Shadrach. Grumpy dad says "death ain't much, its life that's hard". God has defeated death with the blood of his Son Jesus. You just have to believe and have faith. Each day you have is a blessing from God. No one knows the number of their days on this Earth. Give you fears to God and count your blessings. Praying for YOU!

I don’t like standing near the edge of a platform when an express train is passing through. I like to stand back and, if possible, get a pillar between me and the train. I don’t like to stand by the side of a ship and look down into the water. A second’s action would end everything. A few drops of desperation. - Winston Churchill

He suffered from depression his entire life, labeling it his black dog. Seek professional help.

Best of luck.

I have had these for years. One day it occurred to me that they always occurred when the weather was in somewhat a state of flux and specifically falling barometric pressure. A geriatric doctor told my wife and I when we were seeking advice for a very temporary mental break her mom was having that anytime there was a hurricane and the accompanying barometric pressure drop he was covered up with urgent calls about elderly mental problems.(there was a hurricane coming up through central GA at the time) Made me feel much better after I made the correlation.

It is odd that I am seeing this post today. I was driving with my wife this morning and I said the exact same thing. Just a feeling of impending doom. No reason for it. No health problems, kids are good, work is fine, money is ok. Just a feeling of doom.

Does anyone else have random episodes where they have terrible impending doom feeling? Where you constantly feel like something bad is going to happen? You take something small and just think and think and think to the point you are in the absolute worst case scenario. We just recently lost a very close friend to covid complications and my spells seem to be worse than ever. It gets to the point i just want to shut down everything im doing and go hold our baby.
NO

FEAR...
This is the most efficient weapon the devil uses to torture a human being; and governments uses it as well, they use it everywhere. And it is not for nothing that in the Word of God, the words “Fear Not” are written 365 times, one for each day. So, my Friend, Fear Not, take courage...your baby and your entire Family needs you. Be strong, trust The LORD.....

I personally believe those feelings are evil spirits.
They love to create fear...to the point of crippling you with it.
Read the “Screwtape Letters” by C.S. Lewis. Or a good book on spiritual warfare.
Or just go outside, look up and ask your Father to help. He will.

There's some really cool thoughts about how spirits/daemons etc are "shapes" or essentially thought types/patterns that are able to manifest when given attention(space in the head).

What OP is describing sounds like almost text book anxiety (maybe ptsd etc). Especially if it is accompanied by short breath, dizziness, feeling or thinking one might die.

Does anyone else have random episodes where they have terrible impending doom feeling? Where you constantly feel like something bad is going to happen? You take something small and just think and think and think to the point you are in the absolute worst case scenario. We just recently lost a very close friend to covid complications and my spells seem to be worse than ever. It gets to the point i just want to shut down everything im doing and go hold our baby.
tHE DEMS ARE IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING,THEY ARE GIVING AWAY FREE MONEY,FREE COVID SHOTS,WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG.

"The only thing that stays the same is the fact that all things change" - loosely paraphrased. This has helped me through some tough times... dealing with loss.

We, as humans, worry a lot - sometimes that worry turns to fear, sometimes we don't realize the severity of it and miss how much it has an affect on our thought process.

Do a search on Wim Hof, he's used breathing and cold exposure to, put in simple terms, hack our own biology.
Slow controlled breathing can really help you get re-centered. Try to start with 5 second inhales and 5 second exhales when you feel the "doom" coming on.
Breathing definitely helps me but I do come from a martial arts background where breathing is an important part of what we do.... so a little biased here.
If you want to dig, or take a trip down the psychology/ psychoanalysis rabbit hole, check out The Hero Within by Carol Pearson. She's about as liberal as they come, but once you get passed that, she has a good understanding of Archetypes. I almost put the book down several times because of that, but I'm glad I finished it. If you want to dig even deeper check out Carl Yung, he came up with the whole archetype concept.

We create these feeling internally, i know that doesnt make them any less real, but they are created by us.

Sorry if I got long winded here. PM me if you feel the need.

Best of luck to you and everyone else that has offered help here.

Back
Top Bottom