• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Impending doom feeling

blazedawg87

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
198   0
Reaction score
Does anyone else have random episodes where they have terrible impending doom feeling? Where you constantly feel like something bad is going to happen? You take something small and just think and think and think to the point you are in the absolute worst case scenario. We just recently lost a very close friend to covid complications and my spells seem to be worse than ever. It gets to the point i just want to shut down everything im doing and go hold our baby.

Does anyone else have random episodes where they have terrible impending doom feeling? Where you constantly feel like something bad is going to happen? You take something small and just think and think and think to the point you are in the absolute worst case scenario. We just recently lost a very close friend to covid complications and my spells seem to be worse than ever. It gets to the point i just want to shut down everything im doing and go hold our baby.
Don't do that. Your baby needs you to keep forging ahead. The only way I personally have learned to deal with it is, by putting all my fears at the foot of the cross and not looking back. If you're a Christian/ believer it's a bit tougher to do but will pan out.

I personally believe those feelings are evil spirits.
They love to create fear...to the point of crippling you with it.
Read the “Screwtape Letters” by C.S. Lewis. Or a good book on spiritual warfare.
Or just go outside, look up and ask your Father to help. He will.

There's also a very valid medical explanation for what you are experiencing aside from the spiritual aspect. Have you talked to a doctor about this? It could be anxiety, panic disorder, OCD, or something along those lines. Heck it could be PTSD if you have had something in your life to cause that. And remember, just because you haven't been deployed to war doesn't mean you don't have some sort of PTSD.

I'm a devoted Christian and I do believe in putting your fears at the foot of the cross. But there's nothing wrong with treating a chemical imbalance in the brain if that's what's happening. There's nothing wrong with admitting you need some help. I would talk to your doctor if I were you.

Depression is real. Talk to your pastor, doctor, or a mental health professional. I struggled with it for much of my life, and my life has been much better since I learned how to handle it.

Agreed. If what the OP is experiencing is a mental health issue, then there is no need to just live with it. It's not shameful to struggle with it or to get help. Again, this is assuming that this is a mental health issue of which I am not qualified to diagnose or address.

I've used the best case/worst case/middle ground technique with success.
Imagine the best and worst case.
Neither is likely.
Settle for the middle ground.
Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom