• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

IMI 77gr SMK OTM LR Mod- 1 vs IMI 77gr Razor SMK HP

Red Dawn

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
WOLVERINE
155   0
Reaction score
Ok I’m getting into longer range shooting with the 556. I’m using an 18” Ballistic Advantage SPR barrel in 223W and recently shot the IMI 77gr SMK HP Razor Core and was pleasantly surprised of the results at 600yds. Then I came across the IMI OTM Mod-1. It’s in a different bx looks the same but I can’t tell nor can I find the difference between the 2. If you have info or shot them both feel free to let me know your findings. I’m curious if they are in fact the same and just packaged differently.

F71BFAC5-CBC6-4D6C-ADD1-6E82ECCC7C03.jpeg
FD8FB2DC-631D-4096-A303-13420A9AF591.jpeg

Shoot it and see but keep in mind unless you roll your own, it’s gonna be hard to find a factory load that does the same unless you’ve got a good amount from the same lot.

The 77gr SMK is a great round but it does different results under different powders and charge weights

Shoot it and see but keep in mind unless you roll your own, it’s gonna be hard to find a factory load that does the same unless you’ve got a good amount from the same lot.

The 77gr SMK is a great round but it does different results under different powders and charge weights

Oh yeah I’m just trying to find a factory load that works well with my barrel. I’ll save the cases in the event I do reload I’ll have good brass for it. I will shoot it to confirm for myself but I was curious if anyone new that it was in fact a different load altogether or the same just in a different package.

I’ve shot plenty of the OTM load in the brown box, and have a case or two of it in the basement. Good stuff.

I like the Magtech First Defense 77grn load better, but apparently they quit loading it. Only have a case or so of that left. Out of my guns, it shot better than the Black Hills Mk262.

Thanks guys I’d planned to Chrono both while I see how ea groups at 200 300 and 600 on the CMP range in ALA. That’s the only place I go for longer range and it has instant results out to 600.

I got some responses on other sites .. the common response is the OTM is milsurp ammo could be Nosler SIerra or Berger 77gr tip and the Razor SMK is commercial 77gr should be the same ammo tho at 2750 fps.

Back
Top Bottom