• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm in search of a new OBD scan tool. Need recommendations after taking back a $300 Harbor Freight one.

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
Looking for the most functions for the money. I won't buy another Harbor Freight one and the Innova looks exactly like it so that's out. The Zurich ZR15S would not communicate with a 2005 Dodge truck or a 2008 Honda Element. Both got "Communication Error". I spent 35 min on hold with HF to be asked (2) stupid questions.
1. Is it plugged in
2. Is the key in the "on" position

Nukkin futs!!

In our shop we have tech with the latest and greatest from mac and snap on. We also have a $30 code reader from amazon. The $30 reads codes and while it doesnt have the functions that the $8-12000 machines do it does a great job for what it is.

Looking for the most functions for the money. I won't buy another Harbor Freight one and the Innova looks exactly like it so that's out. The Zurich ZR15S would not communicate with a 2005 Dodge truck or a 2008 Honda Element. Both got "Communication Error". I spent 35 min on hold with HF to be asked (2) stupid questions.
1. Is it plugged in
2. Is the key in the "on" position

Nukkin futs!!

What do you need it to do? I've had good luck with a Bluetooth ODB 2 dongle and Torque Pro software.

I've seen nothing but positive reports about the Autel tools, specifically their advanced diag tools. I would give their stuff a look first. The model CAMSDADDY CAMSDADDY mentioned is one of their entry level DIY-class tools. All depends on your budget and what you need it to do.

I have one I got at Walmart works on my Dodge Ram and my wife’s Jeep journey and my friends cars too no complaints for a reader under $150

I use a Launch Torque III.

It does everything I’ve ever asked of it from scanning a code, programming keys, programming German cars for other features and coding modules.

I’d sell it for 1k, it needs an update to go past 2021 model cars. It covers all makes and models from Kia to Lamborghini and everything in between.

It does some obd 1 cars also that took special connectors: I have all the connectors.

Back
Top Bottom