• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm confused by some for sale ads

I was looking at an ad earlier and the rifle looked appealing to me. I was seriously considering contacting the seller but in reading his ad he required a bill of sale. That's not that unusual but then he had the caveat
Name, Drivers License number, address required

I'm sorry, I'll tell you my name, let you look at my drivers license, but you don't need that number and I'm sorry, I'll tell you what town I live in but not going to give you my address. I've got feedback (not a ton but I'm working on it) and have been posting on here for quite a few years. I respect most folks here but I'm, for the most part, not going to invite you to drop in for tea.

Am I being overly picky and paranoid? I give copies of my DL and permit and all that info to the stores for the 4473 but I know where they are and I'll visit them again. I'll visit at the exchange and I'll sit close to you at the M&G but we aren't going to be taking long hot showers together.

Maybe I'm old fashion, maybe I'm just old, but I just don't get it.
If'n you just gotta have it, demand the same info in return.

He did say it like that and I would argue that I do not need a permit to make a private transaction (that’s as my beef as well ).

His insistence that I show my permit then his arrogance that he didnt need one. Perhaps legally but I only play a lawyer on TV so I did not care about the legality.

Thanks for the reply! Enjoy the weekend
Lol. Think I would have just left. I really try not to trade with assholes.

I have done several deals at police officers’ homes.

I give copies of my DL and permit and all that info to the stores for the 4473 but I know where they are and I'll visit them again.
I Agree! - BUT, just butt.... AT the store ain't safer either.

I used one of my credit card to pay something. One week later, it was being used in nothing but "Chicago" , that's right "Chi-ca-go"... How the hell did it ended up up there. - Go figure!
I guess some employee had the audacity of copying it... (I don't know). Point is: Stores are not safe !!!

You have to know that if I come to your house I am going to want to use your bathroom and then it won't be fit for use for hours afterwards.
And Please Sir, do not sneeze while in there, OK? :becky::becky::becky:
Sneezy poop.gif

It is uncertain times. It's thier stuff, he may have signed for it. Also it's your money. Either of you aren't obligated unless you both agree to finalize deal. Either can walk away before then if it just doesn't feel right. But once you both agree there shouldn't be any change on the deal unless both parties agree.

Back
Top Bottom