• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm confused by some for sale ads

I think a bill of sale can be useful but only in special circumstances. The most useful part is to show that a transaction has started . For instance, buying a machine gun. Obviously there is paperwork on the back end but a bill of sale that both parties have a copy of will help sort out the mess if one of them dies while the papers are being processed. For starters the sellers estate will be able to see the gun is sold and will be able to follow up on the actual owner once the papers come back in, and if the buyer dies the estate will be able to potential cancel the paperwork and get a refund or start setting up a new buyer for once the papers are completed.

Anytime you are buying or selling a MG from someone you need to feel comfortable with them. Beyond that I think its pointless unless someone wants to claim profits or losses for tax reasons haha

I sold a rifle to an asshole on here several years ago, required a look at my carry , when I said OK show me your permit. He said I’m a cop thats my permit.

**** you

I saw an ad this AM from someone with zero feedback who said produce a carry permit or you cant buy from me (in so many words) no matter how new or old you are to the site…..

Ignore please

If he said it just like that then he was indeed an asshole. However, he is not wrong. Active LE, among others, do not need a carry permit. Most departments do require they carry their credentials though. Ask for that next time.

If he said it just like that then he was indeed an asshole. However, he is not wrong. Active LE, among others, do not need a carry permit. Most departments do require they carry their credentials though. Ask for that next time.

He did say it like that and I would argue that I do not need a permit to make a private transaction (that’s as my beef as well ).

His insistence that I show my permit then his arrogance that he didnt need one. Perhaps legally but I only play a lawyer on TV so I did not care about the legality.

Thanks for the reply! Enjoy the weekend

He did say it like that and I would argue that I do not need a permit to make a private transaction (that’s as my beef as well ).

His insistence that I show my permit then his arrogance that he didnt need one. Perhaps legally but I only play a lawyer on TV so I did not care about the legality.

:thumb: You too!

Should've axed if he likes fish heads...:fish:

Quick peek at DL and Carry license is sufficient in my book.

By the way...if you exchange phone numbers and text final confirmations, they have your cell phone number, and they could probably make note of the plates on your car, so if a buyer/seller wanted to know your identity it wouldn't be that hard, and you wouldn't even know it.

Just saying....

Back
Top Bottom