• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm confused by some for sale ads

I also will just move on from a post if it says BOS required. I did sell to a gun Sunday to a new member that joined the same day. I was a little apprehensive on dealing with a new member like that. I told him he would have to come close to me and flash me his ID and carry permit. To prove himself to me he just sent me a pic with his address blocked out on both. He ended up doing everything he said he would and was a really nice guy.

I was looking at an ad earlier and the rifle looked appealing to me. I was seriously considering contacting the seller but in reading his ad he required a bill of sale. That's not that unusual but then he had the caveat
Name, Drivers License number, address required

I'm sorry, I'll tell you my name, let you look at my drivers license, but you don't need that number and I'm sorry, I'll tell you what town I live in but not going to give you my address. I've got feedback (not a ton but I'm working on it) and have been posting on here for quite a few years. I respect most folks here but I'm, for the most part, not going to invite you to drop in for tea.

Am I being overly picky and paranoid? I give copies of my DL and permit and all that info to the stores for the 4473 but I know where they are and I'll visit them again. I'll visit at the exchange and I'll sit close to you at the M&G but we aren't going to be taking long hot showers together.

Maybe I'm old fashion, maybe I'm just old, but I just don't get it.
agreed!

If this was the ad written all in CAPS, I stopped reading after the 3rd mention that he would require that you first SEND him a copy of your DL/CCW so he could prepare the BOS...guy seemed a little twitchy.
I had someone that wanted the Zastava I have listed, but wanted to require a bill of sale that he drew up. Regardless of the purpose I look at it as I am not letting anyone dictate the terms of my sale. Go buy it somewhere else or make terms for your own sales items.

I had someone that wanted the Zastava I have listed, but wanted to require a bill of sale that he drew up. Regardless of the purpose I look at it as I am not letting anyone dictate the terms of my sale. Go buy it somewhere else or make terms for your own sales items.
Exactly. Your stuff, your terms. Period.

Back
Top Bottom