• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm confused by some for sale ads

Klif

Air Force Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
I was looking at an ad earlier and the rifle looked appealing to me. I was seriously considering contacting the seller but in reading his ad he required a bill of sale. That's not that unusual but then he had the caveat
Name, Drivers License number, address required

I'm sorry, I'll tell you my name, let you look at my drivers license, but you don't need that number and I'm sorry, I'll tell you what town I live in but not going to give you my address. I've got feedback (not a ton but I'm working on it) and have been posting on here for quite a few years. I respect most folks here but I'm, for the most part, not going to invite you to drop in for tea.

Am I being overly picky and paranoid? I give copies of my DL and permit and all that info to the stores for the 4473 but I know where they are and I'll visit them again. I'll visit at the exchange and I'll sit close to you at the M&G but we aren't going to be taking long hot showers together.

Maybe I'm old fashion, maybe I'm just old, but I just don't get it.

I've done 2 Bill of sale for guns on ODT, only because I really wanted the guns. They did not get any more information than my name and phone number. If they have to have the CCW peek I'll do it and mumble under my breath. But in the end it is their item and requirement for the sale I guess - buy it or don't.

Neither is a requirement under Georgia Law for a private person to person transaction.

I was looking at an ad earlier and the rifle looked appealing to me. I was seriously considering contacting the seller but in reading his ad he required a bill of sale. That's not that unusual but then he had the caveat
Name, Drivers License number, address required

I'm sorry, I'll tell you my name, let you look at my drivers license, but you don't need that number and I'm sorry, I'll tell you what town I live in but not going to give you my address. I've got feedback (not a ton but I'm working on it) and have been posting on here for quite a few years. I respect most folks here but I'm, for the most part, not going to invite you to drop in for tea.

Am I being overly picky and paranoid? I give copies of my DL and permit and all that info to the stores for the 4473 but I know where they are and I'll visit them again. I'll visit at the exchange and I'll sit close to you at the M&G but we aren't going to be taking long hot showers together.

Maybe I'm old fashion, maybe I'm just old, but I just don't get it.
I am totally with you on this one. Don't need any freaks showing up at your house unannounced.

Back
Top Bottom