• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you were going to run a suppressor? Which 22lr Pistol would you select for your own?

The Taurus TX22 has a better trigger than most of the others I have tried or owned. Super easy to disassemble and clean. Suppressor ready for $250ish.

The other thing I like is it is a full sized pistol. Does not feel pint sized like most of the others.

Oops. I said GSG but because of the other thread I actually checked to make sure.

It's a Colt Govt Model made by Walther.

They probably all come out of the same plant anyway...

Just decide the attributes that you want, and then find one that checks off the most. The long and short of it is that most of the mainstream 22lr pistols are pretty good, but, rimfire is finicky and any of the 22 pistols can be a heaping lb of ****.

Ruger MK, S&W Victory and Buckmarks are louder suppressed, due to the bolt, but they are not loud and I wouldn't let that deter you. If you want to run supers and general trash ammo, get something with a 4.5 inch or less barrel to keep the rounds subsonic.

I've had sig mosquitoes, Ruger MK 3 and 4 - most got upgraded heavily, Buckmark, SR22, M&P compact, TX22, GSG 1911/22, S&W Victory, Walther P22, and a few others. Haven't gotten the Glock, and won't. Same with the newer Ruger LCPII, although just cause I hate that style. All of em worked well if you fed em something decent. Not all of em run the cheap golden bullets reliably, especially the Buckmark and MK series with tighter chambers. What have I decided that I like the most so far? The TX22 cause it is a cheap option for training that more closely mimics full sized 9mm guns I own and shoot, and works in the same Safariland holster, and have 16rd mags. And the S&W Victory, yes, heavily modified. YMMV. Your tastes will certainly vary as to what feels comfortable in your hands.

IMG_3640.JPG

I forgot the Uzi pistol.

Colt by Walther not shown.

Back
Top Bottom