• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you had $200 to spend on a pocket knife, what would you pick up?

Well I have to admit I likely wouldn't spend that much on a knife. To me a knife is a tool to be used, that doesn't mean abused. And I do like a good knife with a good blade that is sturdy built. I think the most I've ever spent is @$50. I've lost a couple pocket knives along the way. And you'd be sick if you lost a $200 knife, or broke it. And I have knives that are @35yrs old
I will say when you splurge on a knife it is easier to resist using it as a screwdriver!

I don't think there is a right answer here. Everyone likes something different with different uses and thoughts on carrying what. I carried a $35 buck for years until, because of me, the edge rolled. I've broke the point on a $50 crkt. Never lost a knife. My taste now is premium steel with a strong locking mechanism. Hard to find both of those in a cheap knife. In the $200 range it would be a benchmade or a ZT.

At 200, get a benchmade bugout or spyderco para 2 and call it a day. As a "knife guy" these are my rock solid recommendations. I have had 100s of knives pass through my hands and both of the above still have a spot in the safe. If you can find a good deal on an ultratech, it will make a better user than folks think too.

just bought a ZT 0707 for $220. pretty nice carry.

1638761249376.png

Well I have to admit I likely wouldn't spend that much on a knife. To me a knife is a tool to be used, that doesn't mean abused. And I do like a good knife with a good blade that is sturdy built. I think the most I've ever spent is @$50. I've lost a couple pocket knives along the way. And you'd be sick if you lost a $200 knife, or broke it. And I have knives that are @35yrs old
I hear this a lot and I think about it sometimes. While a knife is, at it's core, a tool, it's also an expression of a man to an extent. Knives are what made us move from animal to human. Knives are what evened the odds against scary critters and people that mean to do us harm. They are a tool, but usually the first we get as men and the first we carry on a daily basis. By hours, I spend more time with my knife in my pocket than with my kids.

look to the skeletal remains of explorers and early man. they had with them their EDC, which is not much different than what we have now. Knife, means of fire, collection container. that was enough for man to strike out, live, explore, and survive. Now technology has improved and a gun is better at stopping bad people than a sword, so we don't carry long blades anymore. But a knife is a knife, same as they have always been and will likely always be.

sure, you can carry a cheaper blade than a microtech. But I LIKE my microtech. I wanted one for years. it was something I aspired to own while I was in school, and while my life savings were less than the cost of one new. Same with carry guns, hell, same with watches and cars. Many here talking **** about expensive blades also don't drive a 2002 camary, which arguably drives them back and forth to work the same as a brodozer or mercedes.

I also personally prefer quality over quantity. So instead of box with 20x $50 knives I have one that's $350. I always carry it, unless camping or going to a court house. I don't have to pick, I don't have to decide, I just take the CT out of the drawer and stick it in my back right pocket, same as I have every day for almost 5 years now.

same with carry guns. For 6 years the only gun I carried or trained with or protected myself with was a Baer TRS with mammoth ivory grips. Same as the knife, always wanted one, saved, traded and sold cheaper **** on the way, worked a bit of overtime, and bought it. I like it. It does exactly what I want it to do, and does it will. it shows wear, much like I do. I don't have a large collection, but I have things I like and do what I want them to do rather than a whole closet full of PSA basic rifles or whatever other random cheap things people buy and don't enjoy.

I really like my Kershaw Blur and its under 100.
Had a spyderco before it (thanks Hartsfield Jackson) that i loved and the Kershaw was same size and blade material for less money.

Back
Top Bottom