• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you had $200 to spend on a pocket knife, what would you pick up?

Good Quality American made knives - Hard to go wrong here

- Kershaw Leek - Best bang for the buck $50 knife there is / Many of the Kershaws are made in China but the Leek is still made here, makes a great stocking stuffer

- Benchmade Barrage Full Size - My EDC for many of years, never let me down and for about $150.00 a great buy

- The ZT knives are $50-$70 Over you budget but when you are ready to step into the next level of quality these are really great knives. The 0462 (Curved 4.1 Inch Blade) is now my goto knife EDC. Carbon Fiber keeps this rigid, strong and extremely sharp knife relatively light. The knife being incredibly well balanced and smooth bearings makes its opening easily as fast as any auto knives I have (Takes a little practice but its a good time - I prefer flippers over autos now). They are also easy to take apart and maintain.
- I still shop at Walmart, Kroger, and Big box for the staples in life because budget wise we have to - When it comes to my knives, I really prefer the American made products

KNIVES.jpg

Good Quality American made knives - Hard to go wrong here

- Kershaw Leek - Best bang for the buck $50 knife there is / Many of the Kershaws are made in China but the Leek is still made here, makes a great stocking stuffer

- Benchmade Barrage Full Size - My EDC for many of years, never let me down and for about $150.00 a great buy

- The ZT knives are $50-$70 Over you budget but when you are ready to step into the next level of quality these are really great knives. The 0462 (Curved 4.1 Inch Blade) is now my goto knife EDC. Carbon Fiber keeps this rigid, strong and extremely sharp knife relatively light. The knife being incredibly well balanced and smooth bearings makes its opening easily as fast as any auto knives I have (Takes a little practice but its a good time - I prefer flippers over autos now). They are also easy to take apart and maintain.
- I still shop at Walmart, Kroger, and Big box for the staples in life because budget wise we have to - When it comes to my knives, I really prefer the American made products

View attachment 3669804
Just picked up my second and third Kershaw Leeks for Christmas gifts.

Once you cross the $100 threshold for a pocket knife, many of them come with these so called "super steels" that are extremely tough and durable, but makes them more difficult to re-sharpen, especially out in the field. Reviewers and fan boys rave about the super steels, but I am not sold on them, and I have owned and used a crap ton of knives in (almost) all price ranges. Don't get me wrong, some of the higher end stuff is very nice. I am a big fan of ZT knives, but for edc I will stick with my USA Kershaws. JMO.

I had a Kershaw Launch automatic that I carried for a few years. Great steel, really liked the knife. The only problem I had with it was opening in my pocket. That is kind of not so good when you keep a knife as sharp as I usually do. Can be a little tricky to not cut your self. Otherwise, excellent knife. I actually went from a Zero Tolerance to the Kershaw then to the Piranha I carry now. I think the Piranha is the best of those three. I liked the ZT but it wasn't worth the extra coin in my opinion. All three blades were of 154CM steel.

The premise of the $200 to spend on a Pocket Knife (as opposed to EDC for protection?)

If you're talking pocket knife for 'just stuff' then it's the Tac-Force I buy from Amazon for $9.99. For $200 I could get 18-20 of them to scatter everywhere. I can appreciate the super steel and CQB aspects of some of the more expensive knives but a point is a point and when it gets busted off, it's a screwdriver from then on or a boogered up knife that's been reground and repointed.

1636648604936.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom