• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Idiot Scratch

It's not a bad idea that a first 1911 should be kind of a beater. To do it all over again, I'd have gotten something along the lines of a RIA and done all kinds of tinkering without tears. I'm not going to say what I did to a fairly expensive 1911 because I am still working on repressing the memory.

I would like to agree with the beater idea. But if I knew I needed the beater than I would have known why I needed it. And if I had known, I would have known what not to do. And if I knew what I should not do I would not have done it and would not have needed the beater. But I wish that first one had been a beater.

A lot of them are easily fixed or greatly minimized.

I like buying one with the scratch already. I can sometimes fix it or not worry about causing one in the future.
I think all 1911 ought to have a circle etched around the slide stop hole. Problem solved.

It's all John Moses Browning's fault, he should have foreseen this.
:pop2:

I put one on a Brand new Browning Hi Power. It was devastating at 1st. I thought, ohh I'll just sell it, take the hit and tell them "I'm not the Idiot!!" - Or........I'll just shoot it, and shoot it again until either the Browning gives out or I do!!! The idiot mark at that moment created one of my favorite shooting firearms - The Hi Power went from a gun that was really too pretty to shoot (Target model and all) to one I still don't miss a chance to pull out of the safe and put a hundred rounds through every chance I get!!

I think all 1911 ought to have a circle etched around the slide stop hole. Problem solved.

It's all John Moses Browning's fault, he should have foreseen this.
:pop2:

Be a big circle

id1911.jpg

I would like to agree with the beater idea. But if I knew I needed the beater than I would have known why I needed it. And if I had known, I would have known what not to do. And if I knew what I should not do I would not have done it and would not have needed the beater. But I wish that first one had been a beater.

I think part of the fun of 1911s is learning how to work on them a bit. So you still need the beater.

Back
Top Bottom