• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Idiot Scratch

I shoot a CZ Parrot and use a Double Alpha X holster. First match I'm running to station two reloading a PTR 9CT and bump the pistol hard enough to cause it to fly out of the holster and hit the ground. Scratched hell out of the C-More sight. I've used peracetic acid to clean the comp and caused some pitting. These "idiot marks" are mine. I own them.

I did it one time. A friend was teaching me how to field strip a 1911. He had me do it and reassemble the gun. The lesson did not include a voiding the idiot mark, or how to do it.

Inspecting the gun, it appears the slide stop sc should be slid across the frame under pressure until it snaps into place. And that is what I did.

It was a WW2 1911A1, all original. I am sure it is wearing my mark to this day, some 40 years later.

One of the first things I did with my current EDC was drop it on gravel (long story). Put a couple marks on it. I'm REALLY picky about the appearance of my guns. But I just picked it up, looked at it and said, "Well, I guess I got that out of the way."

Back
Top Bottom