• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ID with old address for background check

Connor Gasgarth

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
So I moved and the ID I have has my old address, and I was told that for the background check I need an ID with the new one. I looked it up and it sounds like I can use a secondary proof of residency such as utility bills or a lease agreement but my LGS said that was not ok. Is there a law I can cite that would let me use this? I don't feel like waiting 30 days for a new license to come in.

In pa at least, when you change address you can print a temporary paper for proof of address that is valid for a firearm purchase. Not sure If GA does similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 4473 clearly states you need a "supplemental government issued ID" with your correct address on it.

Sorry
Actually, the 4473 says you need a government issued "document" to prove your address. It does not have to be an ID. The instructions for Item 18.b. actually uses a "tax document" as an example of a document that can be used to prove the transferee's address.

For god’s sake don’t be that guy that tries to argue with a LGS about THEIR policy thinking you are a lawyer that can strong arm them into selling you a gun. Find another FFL or buy private, you are on the right site to find what you want after all.

Back
Top Bottom