• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I was ALMOST on the Victor Hill trial jury

dawgfan

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
26   0
Reaction score
Just from what I overheard other jurors say, he has a good chance of not being convicted. Everything I heard was depressing but is a microcosm of our country now.

^^THIS! He was re elected while in custody! Who does that?

The things I heard other potential jurors say was quite an education. One female was very vocal that the laws were broken not the people breaking them. A male (that made it on the jury) said he "didn't give a damn what the law said. If he (Hill) didn't do it, he didn't do it".

That county is truly stranger than life. I won't be surprised at all if he walks.
I'd like to think Burrell Ellis' goose is cooked but again... nothing would surprise me.

- - - Updated - - -

The things I heard other potential jurors say was quite an education. One female was very vocal that the laws were broken not the people breaking them. A male (that made it on the jury) said he "didn't give a damn what the law said. If he (Hill) didn't do it, he didn't do it".
I'm guessing your sanity is what got you disqualified by defense counsel?

Most of the time a jury is selected from a pool and then culled down to around 24. Each side is then given 6 strikes and you end up with 12 jurors. This case the numbers were greater and so was the pool and the culled down number. Each side got 9 strikes I believe.
I believe I would have been chosen if they had gotten to my number. The prosecution would have wanted me because I'm white (rare around these parts) and the defense liked me because my wife is a defense attorney. I had a very interesting and lively exchange with Mr. Findling when he was questioning me and found out what my wife did.

I'm pretty sure he's guilty of a LOT of things, question is...Do people of his race think what he IS guilty of is wrong? I hope he does HARD time.

Back
Top Bottom