• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I Want To Fly My Drone

I’m thinking to order the newly released $799 Mavic Air 2 directly from DJI, has OcuSync 2.0 and 34 minutes of flight time. Has many same great features of the $1399 Mavic 2 Pro & Mavic 2 Zoom but with a just slightly less performing camera than the Mavic 2 Pro and no zoom camera of the Mavic 2 Zoom.

https://dronedj.com/2020/04/28/dji-mavic-air-2-versus-dji-mavic-mini-versus-dji-mavic-2-pro/

I'm thinking that is an excellent choice. Had I not just bought my Mavic Pro Platinum last year, and have invested a fair amount of money into extra batteries, filters, lights, etc., I would be buying that model.

I have seen the pictures from both of those models. Although they are nicer, and slightly better image quality, it would not be worth the extra $600.00 for me. For just casual pictures and viewing videos on your laptop or the web, the basic camera is fantastic.

Jerry

I’m thinking to order the newly released $799 Mavic Air 2 directly from DJI, has OcuSync 2.0 and 34 minutes of flight time. Has many same great features of the $1399 Mavic 2 Pro & Mavic 2 Zoom but with a just slightly less performing camera than the Mavic 2 Pro and no zoom camera of the Mavic 2 Zoom.

https://dronedj.com/2020/04/28/dji-mavic-air-2-versus-dji-mavic-mini-versus-dji-mavic-2-pro/

After some study and comparisons, I reached the same conclusion. I ordered the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo for $988. It is scheduled to arrive Tuesday. I will post some of my thoughts after using it for awhile.

O.P. ... so want to fly a drone but you don't own a drone, and you realize drones are very expensive.
Have you thought about just investing in a radio control unit-- one with more transmitting power and a bigger battery pack than any of the guys that fly drones in your area?

You'll get to fly a drone without hassle of owning one , and w/o investing in all the equipment.

I have an Air 2 and like it. My son came over to visit the other day and his first with flew probably a mile or two around town. I didn't check the odometer to see how far he flew.

I've been learning on a cheap $20 Sharper Image drone. Someone should start a drone Smash Up Derby because I'm a natural

Just to give you an idea about the camera quality, here is a video I uploaded for you to look at.

I was working on a "Point of Interest" setting, where the drone does all the flying/work for you. It let's make really smooth videos. I took this one of my house and surrounding area.

This was done in 2.7K resolution, at 30 frames/second. YouTube has reduced it down to Standard Definition.

You don't have to watch the whole video, but if you look at the last 30 seconds or so, you can actually see my pool cleaner running in the pool and smoke leaving my Big Green Egg. The whole flight was taken at 250'. The last part was around 100' until I landed.

I think the cameras on the Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, and now the Mavic Air 2 are more than what the average user will need.

Enjoy,

Jerry

For the low price my $199 parrot BeBop‘s took amazingly sharp video’s but after loosing several due to software issues while on programmed (set it and forget it) flights, I got tired of dealing with refunds, although the Parrot company was great and sent me replacement drone for free.

Just to give you an idea about the camera quality, here is a video I uploaded for you to look at.

I was working on a "Point of Interest" setting, where the drone does all the flying/work for you. It let's make really smooth videos. I took this one of my house and surrounding area.

This was done in 2.7K resolution, at 30 frames/second. YouTube has reduced it down to Standard Definition.

You don't have to watch the whole video, but if you look at the last 30 seconds or so, you can actually see my pool cleaner running in the pool and smoke leaving my Big Green Egg. The whole flight was taken at 250'. The last part was around 100' until I landed.

I think the cameras on the Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, and now the Mavic Air 2 are more than what the average user will need.

Enjoy,

Jerry

Jerry.......

Enjoy,

Jerry

We go back!!!! Where the heck was the invite to the pool party/bbq?!?!?!?!!!!

Back
Top Bottom