• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I Want To Fly My Drone

napp

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
45   0
Reaction score
The problem is I don't own a drone. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos lately trying to decide what I want to buy. I have no flying experience so it would have to be something fairly easy to control. I want it to have a flying time of at least 20 minutes and a range of at least 1,500 yards. My upper price limit is $1,000. After watching hours of video reviews of drones, the two that keep rising to the top in my mind are the DJI Mavic Mini and the DJI Mavic Air 2. I believe that the Mini will do everything I need; but the Air 2 has many features not offered on the Mini. Yes, I am aware that the Air 2 is double the cost of the Mini.

I'm open to suggestions from you guys who have experience in the drone hobby. Would appreciate comments on the two drones I have mentioned; or any other drones you think would better suit my needs.

I set up and programmed a Mavic 2 pro for a friend. Incredible and a little scary what they can do.

Advice to someone buying with his own money is get a cheaper one to learn on first. It is far from intuitive , and learning can be expensive.

Yes, there are safety systems and levels of performance, but it is not like driving a car or flying a real airplane.

To see some "crash courses", search on youtube for drone fails and drone crash

I just bought a Mavic Air 2, it's easy to fly and has some avoidance built into it.

The Mavic Mini is also very easy to fly, but you have to pay attention to things around it. If you get either of them make sure to get it with the FlyMore kit.

I have a DJi Pro or something 2k drone I used for my roofing company. we upgraded and don't use it. Come fly it one day at the house. super easy

I just started with a beginner model (sub $200). There is a lot more to this than I expected; I'm rather happy practicing with something that I'm not going to cry over when I crash it :-). I'm very impressed with the GPS, compass, auto return functionality, camera, etc. with an inexpensive one so far.

Which one did you buy?.

I have an air I’d sell you for 1k. It’s got lots of extras

Is it the original Air or the newer Air 2?

Start on the lower end until you decide if you want to pursue.

Any recommendations?

I just bought a Mavic Air 2, it's easy to fly and has some avoidance built into it.

The Mavic Mini is also very easy to fly, but you have to pay attention to things around it. If you get either of them make sure to get it with the FlyMore kit.

I'm leaning toward the Air 2 because of the extra features it has. I definitely would get the Flymore package with either choice.

Back
Top Bottom