• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want to do this….

shootin4fun

Default rank 5000+ posts
Veritas Aequitas
187   0
Reaction score
**"Today is a favorite tradition of mine. Gathered 17 friends for breakfast with every person bringing a $100 bill. Paid for our $200 meal and gave the other $1500 to our waitress for her “tip”. Unbeknownst to us, she and her husband had recently hit a rough patch and she told us we restored her faith in humanity. We call this “Shock ‘n Clause”. We challenge you to get your friends together and do the same." **

Credit: Ceri Anderson

Copied from a friend on FB

92B614B9-C35E-4C7D-BB62-3EBF6B5A4E65.jpeg

Heck, even at $50 a person, the waitress would be helped out tremendously. I like the idea of this. If I only had 17 friends close enough to me to pull it off. Although, there is a big ODT community out there.
Doesn’t have to be any set amount of people. We had 4 about $50 in meal, the rest was tip.

Good on you guys for helping out. Wife and I have been doing this personally for years and keep it quiet. We always felt like discussing it might come across as bragging but maybe that’s on us and how we were raised. Personally, i feel there should be some personal gratification otherwise there’s no incentive. I also find it much more gratifying to do it this way than to donate to some charity where you don’t really know how it will be managed. Lots of dollars end up in a ceo’s pocket rather than going to the intended recipients.

Thinking we might try to get our friends together next year and do it this way. Really love this approach and thank you for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom