• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I think We all said this When we Were kids...

Shid, I knew better. Thoroughly enjoyed my childhood. Things fly by for me know because I'm always looking forward to the next enjoyment whether it be a new gun, new ho, or new food.

Yeah driving age, dri king age... We were all in a hurry to get there. Now it's just lije " Damn, slow it down a little!"
When I was in elementary school, I had a cousin who was 17. The year they changed the drinking age from 18 to 21, one year at a time.
Just before he turned 18, they changed it from 18 to 19.
Just before he turned 19, they changed it from 19 to 20.
Just before he turned 20, they changed it from 20 to 21.

Dumbest thing I ever said was "Will you marry me?" Worst part is that I didn't learn the first time.

Welcome to the club, I’ve done it twice as well. Seems that the second time is working amazingly… Thank God!
Third time is the charm for me. 39 years and counting, took me ‘til age 40 to figure out it was not my personal mission to hit every opportunity that crossed my path.

When I was in elementary school, I had a cousin who was 17. The year they changed the drinking age from 18 to 21, one year at a time.
I remember that. It was done in very quick succession. Seems like 19 and 20 were only legal for a few months.

Those were more like guidelines. If you didn’t know where to find booze by age 15, you were developmentally challenged.

Seems I said a few other things more often than
'can't wait until I get older"
1. Okay! Okay! I'll never do that again I promise!
2. I'll trade you this homemade PB&J for that Twinkie
3. Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!

Those were more like guidelines. If you didn’t know where to find booze by age 15, you were developmentally challenged.
When my son turned 18 we gave him a goft and some cash. I told him not to spend it all on booze. He looked at me confused and said "What do you mean? I can't drink. I'm 18." He never stood outside a liquor store asking strangers for a favor. I guess that's a very good thing. But you know...it's a very sheltered generation. They don't even laugh at Cheech and Chong movies.

When my son turned 18 we gave him a goft and some cash. I told him not to spend it all on booze. He looked at me confused and said "What do you mean? I can't drink. I'm 18." He never stood outside a liquor store asking strangers for a favor. I guess that's a very good thing. But you know...it's a very sheltered generation. They don't even laugh at Cheech and Chong movies.
Pfft …. By the time i turned 17 i had a fake i.d. :evil:
Of course it helped that i had a full beard in highschool, i looked older .

Back
Top Bottom