• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I think I made my choice for a 1-8.

I like my nx8 a lot. I run it on a 11.5” sbr and the ability to run it like a red dot and have that magnifyication is great. I just picked up nightforce ATACR and it is a awesome piece of glass! ATACR is going on my sr25

I had one and liked it very much. I went with the NX8 over the ATACR for reduction in size and weight.
I have been on this journey to find something that was durable that offered great glass and exceptional all-around capability/ reliability.

The primary use for this optic is hog hunting and possibly other things....... When I have a chance to get to a range as to where I am able to zero it and get some time on the trigger with it, I'll certainly provide a range report.

Just so folks know, I have been looking into something like this for a few years now and started off with buuuuuudget finds, (No money Spent - just shooting what's on others firearms as folks would let me sling around or to just to get a snapshot of what the optic was like.) I have been very grateful to folks for letting me do so as there have been nuances with each optic I cared for or did not care for ultimately coming to the conclusion of the NF NX8.

Pricey---- YES, however, this optic has more reliability than the budget optics offer as well as NF's service/ Warranty service.

NF's Customer service is phenomenal- Extremely knowledgeable in the product and willing to assist in your decision-making process to go with what you need even if it is not the most expensive optic.

Here is their warranty and a link to where you can pull it up yourself. https://www.nightforceoptics.com/support/warranty

Limited Lifetime Warranty
We are proud to back up Nightforce ATACR™, B.E.A.S.T.™, Benchrest, Competition™, NXS™, NX8™ and SHV™ riflescopes with a transferable Limited Lifetime Warranty which covers mechanical defects in materials and workmanship in the optical and mechanical components of the riflescope. In the event of a defect in materials or workmanship that is covered by this warranty, we will either repair the riflescope or replace it at no charge, with a comparable product at our discretion. Exclusions to this warranty include intentional or accidental damage, abuse, misuse, unauthorized modifications or repairs, and improper mounting. This warranty does not cover any consequential or incidental damages resulting from the inability to use the riflescope. Any serial number obliteration or alteration on the product will void the warranty. SHV™ models maintain waterproof integrity with their protective caps installed.

To ensure warranty coverage, please register online or fill out completely and mail in the provided warranty card found in the back of the owner’s manual, along with a copy of the sales receipt. The warranty begins on the date the product was purchased by the original owner. The optical and mechanical components are covered without time limitations. The riflescope’s electronic components are covered for a period of three years.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.

Before sending a riflescope in for service, please call Nightforce Optics, Inc. at the number below, to determine if the problem can be resolved without sending us the product. All returns must be accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. Failure to do so can result in lost merchandise and/or severely delayed service time.
  • Remove any mounting rings or accessories other than dust covers and the original sunshade.
  • Record and keep on hand the serial number.
  • Include with the riflescope a detailed description of the defect(s), the RMA number, your name, phone number and the address you wish the riflescope returned to.
  • Place the boxed or protectively wrapped riflescope in a well-padded outer box insured for replacement value and send it shipping prepaid, to the appropriate address below. Write the RMA number on the outside of the package.
I have to tell ya, I was able to take my buddy's NX8 home with me for a week and look at the performance and reliability over a course of 5 days on my range (more reflexive fire and learning the reticle at various ranges with the Ammo I am shooting.)

Congrats, let us know how it goes
I will absolutely do so as soon as it shows up and I have it mounted. I'd like to do it the next time I go shoot pigs..... Not entirely sure when that will be however I am going up to visit some RI's in 5th RTB in a week or two and go there quite often so if the optic doesn't come on this trip, it will certainly be on the next :) I have opportunities to do some mountain pig hunting.

Respectfully
Chris

Back
Top Bottom