• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I suck at call of duty.

I feel your pain. I used to play multiplayer all the time with my brothers when I was younger. Played the missions by myself and beat all of them. Thought I was pretty good. Then I tried to play online. The key word there is "tried".

I remember one time I was backed into this alley with a rifle. Just waiting to ambush someone. Some dude jumped off the roof, landed right in front of me and stabbed me in the face. I laugh when I think about it now because I'm sure it was probably some eleven year old kid who plays the game for eight hours a day. Probably never even fired a real gun.

That was the last time I played COD online. Real world tactics don't necessarily translate well into video games.

Guys, I just wanted to share with you a Local Yocal on YouTube. His username is StoneMountain64 and he is one of the best players around. I have attached a video and you can look at his other videos.

This is actually him talking, not the video game! He is the COMMANDING OFFICER!

ENJOY :very_drunk:

Guys, I just wanted to share with you a Local Yocal on YouTube. His username is StoneMountain64 and he is one of the best players around. I have attached a video and you can look at his other videos.

This is actually him talking, not the video game! He is the COMMANDING OFFICER!

ENJOY :very_drunk:

LOL, That guy is serious. ;)

There's a few games I've stuck to over the years, but it always ticks me off when companies take a good single-player game and spend time and effort making it multi-player rather than fix/improve the single-player experience.

Taking a game with an compelling story and deep characters, and dumbing it down so a bunch of 14 year-olds can run around shooting each other in the face always seemed like a crime.

Sure, some games are naturally multiplayer, like the raft of Battle Royal games fostered by PlunkBat, and in some cases devs can straddle the single-player and multiplayer lines.

COD usually does that pretty well, but think of how good the single-player game could be without all the resources they have to pour into multiplayer.

Still, I guess that's my old man showing. Back in the 80s I ran a Doom server at work, and almost every lunch we used to do exactly what I complain about now... Run around shooting each other in the face.

Today if I play a 'big' game I expect it to have a movie or book-like depth of characters and a complex, engaging plot. If that gets sacrificed for face-shooting, I'll usually just give it a miss.

Back
Top Bottom