• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I really wanted a project truck. I ended up with two.

I may be wrong but that grill looks later than 73. I had a 78 stepside. I will say keep the hood hinges lubed up. Them hood are known to fold. I know from experience.

I may be wrong but that grill looks later than 73. I had a 78 stepside. I will say keep the hood hinges lubed up. Them hood are known to fold. I know from experience.

They are designed to fold in a crash, it is intentional. You are right, if the hinges get stiff, the hood will crack, then fold at the crash safety point.

Where's the smokey burnout video......?

iu

no burn outs yet. going through all the fluids, timing, and filters first.

also would like to get all the gauges working before i start trying to daily it

Looks like the brake lines are WAY too close to the exhaust pipe . You can bet that the exhaust was very hot while pulling that old Chevy.

I'd rig a heat shield for that if you don't want a repeat problem.

We changed all the brake lines yesterday. Turns out the aftermarket exhaust has been touching the lines for awhile. I drilled a new hole in the support bracked and dropped the lines about 1 inch. We also heat wrapped the exhaust and installed shorter hangers

One plus - it looks like an aftermarket cowl induction hood, so it should be a good deal more stiff.
They are designed to fold in a crash, it is intentional. You are right, if the hinges get stiff, the hood will crack, then fold at the crash safety point.

It took about 3 weeks to settle on this one. Some were terrible and still expensive, some were half finished and more expensive, and the finished ones were astronomical

Back
Top Bottom