• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I really hope nobody here gives $ to the ASPCA...

Had a veterinarian friend explain to me a long time ago that literally pennies from every dollar donated to the ASPCA actually made it to help any animals. Between the executives, the cost of advertising, the paid celebrities that shill for them how much could be left?

Had a veterinarian friend explain to me a long time ago that literally pennies from every dollar donated to the ASPCA actually made it to help any animals. Between the executives, the cost of advertising, the paid celebrities that shill for them how much could be left?
It isn't just them. Many of the large "Charities" operate as a for profit business. Remember the whole "Wounded Warrior" fiasco? They claim to have reworked their business model but they're still on my "no go" list.
There are good charities you just have to pick and choose wisely and do your research but as a rule local is the way to go.

Decades ago I learned it's best to give
donations to local organizations if you
expect it to benefit actual animals.
National organizations spend the money
on advertizing and lobbying interests
to create more donations, not much
filters down to local ASPCA offices.
Haven't heard of any changes so guess
it's still true.
Hhmmmm. That sounds somehow....familiar......hmmmm......

I think there's a gun rights group that uses that model. Can't quite put my finger on the name though.....

It isn't just them. Many of the large "Charities" operate as a for profit business. Remember the whole "Wounded Warrior" fiasco? They claim to have reworked their business model but they're still on my "no go" list.
There are good charities you just have to pick and choose wisely and do your research but as a rule local is the way to go.
I actually did finance work for a large charity for several years. Unlike the ASPCA they actually did what they said. But I still wouldn't give them any unrestricted dollars.

My sister is a huge animal lover. She said she wouldnt give them, the aspca, a penny !
She only likes huge animals?
Never heard of that before.
Reminds me, I haven't seen
Hatari! in a loooong time.
Wonder which movie linknet
has it? Think it still counts as
a Western doesn't it?

For the record I have never donated to ANY national organization or .org. And last month I had to explain to a red kettle bell ringer why I as a Cracker could no longer put money in said kettle. I just assumed they no longer need my racist money.
Sad. First time in 50 years I did not donate a penny to the Salvation Army.

Hhmmmm. That sounds somehow....familiar......hmmmm......

I think there's a gun rights group that uses that model. Can't quite put my finger on the name though.....
NRA cough cough cough

They have spent more money trying to sell me wine and cheese than I ever gave them

Back
Top Bottom