• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need some input on airless paint sprayers.

Yes what he said^^^**.

Wash it out after every use as per instructions.
They’re great sprayers but if you don’t clean them out you’ll want to take a sledgehammer to the whole until.

Carpenter I worked for would leave his pick up tube in a five gallon bucket of paint without cleaning for his next project color then at the last minute would end up fighting with things trying to make it work.

Many pro painters use the graco sprayers and they’re excellent......I’m jealous....I want one myself.

I have a Graco Magnum Project sprayer. Like others have said... clean clean and clean some more before you put it away. I just used mine a couple of weeks ago on the wife’s shed.
4CF79B55-546A-48C9-940B-59FB40BACE37.jpeg

96E328A0-AC1D-4A4B-902F-7A0D2750C073.jpeg

Buy and use TSL(Throat Seal Lubricant) to increase the life of your packings and piston. I have repaired a bunch of Graco pumps and air motors, and that was the most common problem.
Use of the throat seal after every project is crucial, keep it clean and lubed and it will last a long time. It doesn't hurt either to run some clean mineral spirits through it after each cleaning (even when using acrylics) to keep the inside of the line and all of the packing soft. The oil in the mineral spirits helps with that........ and always release the pressure on the system when turned off.

Back
Top Bottom