• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I NEED DEER JERKY RECIPES FELLAS

I do it the lazy way using store bought seasonings,ground meat and a giant caulk gun to extrude it
I like doing it that way. Marinate overnight in some Allegro or Dale’s with some red pepper flakes, extrude on the racks and dry. Makes for some very tasty eating!
This works for thin sliced meat too, but I prefer using the ground meat as it’s a lot more tender when dehydrated.

IMG_2388.JPG

Ignore the personal reference at the top....too lazy to retype all that. Try it though, it's pretty damn good!

a simple one

Buy a bottle of Allegro hot n spicy marinade

Cut your deer rump roast or shoulder in 1/4-3/8 inch sliced at around 45 degrees of the muscle grain and crop the strips in the marinade.

Once they're all in the marinade, kinda turn them over so that what was on the bottom is now on the top so that the last pieces get a good soak. You can marinade for an hour, but I've left them for as little as 15 minutes and then dried them. After they're close to done, taste them and if you want more flavor, drop them back in the marinade and dry them the rest of the way.

This flavor is a favorite for everyone that has tasted it and costs a couple of dollars for a bottle, has no MSG.

Key to jerky is to make sure you trim off ALL fat. It can go rancid and ruin the whole bag.

Back
Top Bottom