• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have decided I need a radio

For extra trade goods this little item & it's supplies don't cost a lot. It would be easy to add to your stores. The tubes are cheap online & the filling material, your choice, can be had at your local dollar store. Or behind it. Cigarette maker.

Attachments

• 510I+HxlGvL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    510I+HxlGvL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 23
In my opinion Baofeng is the cheapest easiest way to go.

You would have to rely on amateur radio repeaters.

Look at repeaterbook.com

Upgrade.your antenna. Get the programming cable and use the chirp software.

But yeah if internet and cell phones went down then we would all be in silence on our own! Heck make sure you at least have a battery-powered am fm SW radio for listening!

are you allowed to broadcast on a 5r if you have a gmrs license?

For extra trade goods this little item & it's supplies don't cost a lot. It would be easy to add to your stores. The tubes are cheap online & the filling material, your choice, can be had at your local dollar store. Or behind it. Cigarette maker.
I quit smoking years ago, still have two never opened them, along with tobacco and tubs also..

It's not certified but nobody is going to come busting your door down.
I never understood why the 5r or the like isn't certified but you can run a 45w base with a +3db gain antenna on GMRS and it's fine.

Heard. I just joined North Georgia GMRS. I’ve been listening for about two months. Their network worked when I was in Murphy NC about a month ago.

Back
Top Bottom