• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have decided I need a radio

GEAUXLSU - it appears Lanierland ham club is having an event near Gainesville. The others on the map in your area are individuals. Maybe check out their website or Facebook page?
Their website says no in person events, but there's ONE post on Jan 3rd on their FB page saying Don Carter State Park will host Winterfest. :noidea: I think we may go check it out. Thanks!

Their website says no in person events, but there's ONE post on Jan 3rd on their FB page saying Don Carter State Park will host Winterfest. :noidea: I think we may go check it out. Thanks!
I *think* Winterfest is a tailgate swap. If so, get there early, as folks start leaving around lunch.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Hmm, I won't argue if its happened with your uv5r before. For everyone that messaged me, make sure you do it this way to avoid breaking yours. I uploaded Baoefeng file on ufile and linked it below.

https://ufile.io/xc6pketu
Not just mine...I ended up programming about 40 Baofengs for a club and ran into this problem. Thankfully, I figured out what was happening and was able to find enough radios with the same firmware to recover (happened to about half of them). Well, all but one...

The weird thing is that these were ordered as a group (similar build dates), so you would think the firmware was all the same. Ever since, I will D/L the radio's memory first and save it as an OEM file for each radio before I U/L a new CHIRP file. If it fails, I just cut & paste into the OEM file & U/L.

Not just mine...I ended up programming about 40 Baofengs for a club and ran into this problem. Thankfully, I figured out what was happening and was able to find enough radios with the same firmware to recover (happened to about half of them). Well, all but one...

The weird thing is that these were ordered as a group (similar build dates), so you would think the firmware was all the same. Ever since, I will D/L the radio's memory first and save it as an OEM file for each radio before I U/L a new CHIRP file. If it fails, I just cut & paste into the OEM file & U/L.

Well good tip, thank you! I must have got lucky with mine.

There’s also a gun show at the Carrollton VFW fairgrounds today & tomorrow if that helps motivate anyone. I was out this morning helping erect antennas and the gun show looked crowded. Hardly a parking space. The Ham winter field day is set up toward the back of the property to the right. There are 2 enclosed trailers with the operating stations inside. Plenty of club members around to show you the rigs.

Went to the winter field day in Carrollton and was not disappointed! Everyone was very welcoming and happy to answer any questions I had! It was very cool to see radio work up close and personal and even saw a contact with a guy in Alaska!

Back
Top Bottom