• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have decided I need a radio

I bought this GE hand held radio the othere day, it is labeled 40 chanel CB.
Can I talk to others on CB's or can it only talk to its paired handheld radio (I have no idea about CBs or any type of radios)
View attachment 3067991
Yoh can talk with anyone operating on any of the 40 channels in the CB band.

I been studying to get my technician license for ham radio and will be testing next weekend. There is a winter field day at the fair grounds in Carrollton today that I’m going to in order to ask some questions and see hands on use

Good luck! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about equipment or use of ham radio.

Is there a listing of upcoming area field days? My son would like to check one out and ask questions but Carrolton is a bit far.
Main ARRL Field Day is the 4th weekend of June each year. Clubs and individuals all over will have camps and vehicles set up with radios & backup power solutions. Gwinnett Amateur Radio Society is usually set up in a county park. Typically have to go to individual radio club websites to find more info.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Main ARRL Field Day is the 4th weekend of June each year. Clubs and individuals all over will have camps and vehicles set up with radios & backup power solutions. Gwinnett Amateur Radio Society is usually set up in a county park. Typically have to go to individual radio club websites to find more info.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Correct - there are only 2 field days each year that I know of. The Summer field day mentioned above which is an ARRL event. The winter field day (today) which is not an ARRL event, but still fun. So if you don’t want to wait until June you better get moving!

Back
Top Bottom