• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have decided I need a radio

I bought this GE hand held radio the othere day, it is labeled 40 chanel CB.
Can I talk to others on CB's or can it only talk to its paired handheld radio (I have no idea about CBs or any type of radios)
20210102_165553.jpg

If anyone has UV5Rs with the programing cable, ill send you the file I made to program them to our local repeaters, MURS, GMRS, FRS, and NOAA. That way all you need is to download Chirp, plug in the cable and upload. This would be for educational purposes only as FCC says you need a license to broadcast

I need this for educational purposes too

If anyone has UV5Rs with the programing cable, ill send you the file I made to program them to our local repeaters, MURS, GMRS, FRS, and NOAA. That way all you need is to download Chirp, plug in the cable and upload. This would be for educational purposes only as FCC says you need a license to broadcast
Not quite so simple. If the radios have different firmware, you'll likely brick the one you're uploading to. Need to first D/L the memories from the radio you want to program, cut and paste the memories from your file, then upload to the new radio.

Don't ask me how I know...

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Not quite so simple. If the radios have different firmware, you'll likely brick the one you're uploading to. Need to first D/L the memories from the radio you want to program, cut and paste the memories from your file, then upload to the new radio.

Don't ask me how I know...

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Hmm, I won't argue if its happened with your uv5r before. For everyone that messaged me, make sure you do it this way to avoid breaking yours. I uploaded Baoefeng file on ufile and linked it below.

https://ufile.io/xc6pketu

In my opinion Baofeng is the cheapest easiest way to go.

You would have to rely on amateur radio repeaters.

Look at repeaterbook.com

Upgrade.your antenna. Get the programming cable and use the chirp software.

But yeah if internet and cell phones went down then we would all be in silence on our own! Heck make sure you at least have a battery-powered am fm SW radio for listening!

Back
Top Bottom