• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have 10.000 to invest

Look at the webpage "Seeking Alpha". Series of articles on investing but skewed toward dividend growth investing. You need to define "safe". Only thing truly safe for $10k is a CD and that pays about zero - less than inflation.

I would open a Fidelity (or Vanguard, etc.) account so that you can invest with minimal fees. A couple of classic techniques would be 1) invest all 10,000 in a S&P 500 Index Fund or ETF or 2) put 40-60% in an equity stock and the remainder in bonds.

Again, key is defining your risk

Unless you want low returns or high risk, I'm personally holding off until after the election. Then when it's finally settled, I'll know to either place it in real estate or go with USA manufacturing companies.

If you are strictly dead set on stock, go with energy or American manufacturing companies and just let it sit there, checking it ONCE A YEAR.
I am planning on building a house to just want some place to stick some cash for a few years thanks that is good advise to a amateur such as myself

Well I not ever invested or bought a stock what should I buy looking for long tern safe investment I am open to advise
It all depends on your age.At the present it's best to trade on a daily basis if you can sleep with that.Long term...Gold ..Silver...Bitcoin an collectable firearms.

I would STRONGLY avoid single stocks, even strong ones like Microsoft or Apple. Simplest it to put it in a targeted retirement mutual fund aimed at the year you turn about 67 or 68. If you are 37 right now, you will be 67 in 30 years, or 2050, so buy a 2050 fund. All large mutual fund companies have them, go with Vanguard or Fidelity or another big strong company. Disclosure...I have money in both. Do a bit of research on these targeted retirement mutual funds, they automatically spread your risk around and also become more conservative as you get closer to retirement age. Leave it to the professionals. Vanguard has some of the lowest management fees/commissions around, about 1/5th of one percent per year. That's $20 on your 10k investment annually.

Back
Top Bottom