• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I got a little curious and I just wanted to see what it felt like...don't judge me

Technology advances, things change. Humans don't like change in general. We like to use the tool we know (for a lot of people). Like the manual transmission the days of the revolver I think are numbered. With prices most of the time higher than a good auto, fewer and fewer people see the value proposition of the revolver. I'm sure some people will still carry 44. Mag/500 in bear country as being a use, but that is a very limited amount of people needing a handgun. Now we will always have collectors etc.

Time moves on.

Their classic and have a great piece of history. Their produced in less quantity's, I hear they take more to make, so the price keeps going higher while demand keeps going lower.
When uncle Joe and the Dems ban those fully-semiautomatic hand-held weapons on war that operate with quick-change high-capacity clips, revolvers will be all you’re allowed.
Better pick up a few you like before the price goes astronomical.

With all due respect….i dont believe that.
The revolver will always be around i think. There are tons of folks that do not practice, do not shoot, they get a gun and put it in their nightstand and it doesnt move. The revolver will always be availble because these types of folks aren’t competent enough to have a semi auto. just my .02
Agreed

A revolver and a Harley have a lot in common. They have both been working and getting the job done far longer than newer options. They cost a little more because they are intricate and they hold their value. They don’t have a lot of newer features but the ones they have are proven. They both perform the job the owner bought them to perform. They just work but there are options available for those who don’t want them

Maybe it's a preference or maybe people are just born that way. I'm not sure but I decided to try it to see if I would like it. I bought a revolver for concealed carry. A SW 642 .38 special. After popping off a few rounds in the yard to test the functionality I've been carrying it in an IWB holster all day. It's a nice gun but honestly I just don't get the appeal of carrying a revolver. My LCP is smaller, lighter, holds more ammo, and is easier to draw. It's also a lot more comfortable in the holster. Am I missing something here?
Good enough for Wyatt Earp good enough for you.

I throw an S&W Airweight in my pocket when I take the dog for a walk in the subdivision. Most other times I carry an automatic because of round capacity. I do carry my SP101 occasionally and do not feel under-gunned.
20201010_170218.jpg

20201231_121925.jpg

Not supposed to be real fast.
Although I’d be willing to bet you haven’t been following the newer advances. Theres some out there that rival 1000 power with more torque.

I've never seen a Harley rider standing on the podium at the Isle of Man.

It's my thread and I can derail it if I want to.

Back
Top Bottom