• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I got a little curious and I just wanted to see what it felt like...don't judge me

1642283104430.png

No jams, fail to feed, light primer strikes or stovepipe with a revolver.
That's the main reason I keep a 6 round cylinder Rohm in the nightstand. Yeay I know, stop laughing. I have tested it out with target ammo and ( very few ) Plus P rounds and I know it works. But this rough looking Charter Off Duty is my favorite snub. Alloy frame so it's light weight. Bobbed the hammer soon as I traded for it. I have another Charter Arms which I think is an Undercover and it's better looking than this one but it has the exposed ejector rod which I don't dig. And my Rossi M68 is heavy and has the firing pin on the hammer like an old Smith. So I feel best with thos ugly old Charter Arms.

Attachments

• 20211211_213850.jpg
    20211211_213850.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 11
That's the main reason I keep a 6 round cylinder Rohm in the nightstand. Yeay I know, stop laughing. I have tested it out with target ammo and ( very few ) Plus P rounds and I know it works. But this rough looking Charter Off Duty is my favorite snub. Alloy frame so it's light weight. Bobbed the hammer soon as I traded for it. I have another Charter Arms which I think is an Undercover and it's better looking than this one but it has the exposed ejector rod which I don't dig. And my Rossi M68 is heavy and has the firing pin on the hammer like an old Smith. So I feel best with thos ugly old Charter Arms.
I have several 6 shooters in random drawers all over my house, LOL.

I've seen a lot of people claim one of the advantages of a revolver is that they don't jam. I've shot a few "tactical" shoots at my local range. You see people bring just about everything. Curiously enough, the only jams I've seen were revolvers. And when a revolver jams, its pretty much done until you take it apart. Note that these may have been "tweaked" by their owners - I don't know.

Personally, I own a few revolvers, but I can conceal the narrower profile of a semi auto much more easily. And I may only need 3.2 rounds in the average gunfight, but I'm glad I've got 15. Think about it: some gunfights are over in one shot, probably most in two or less - so there are some that involve firing a lot more rounds to bring the average up to 3.2. I'd rather have a few extra.

With that stated, carry and shoot what you want. A revolver will likely be enough should you need it - just be sure to practice, either way.

This old Charter with the mis-matched S&W Tyler t-grip is a good shooter (It replaced the one I lost in divorce #2). I wouldn’t be embarrassed to carry it (and sometimes do).
5A26EE9D-4FB3-4AC7-AF57-1CA5BA2E49E4.jpeg

This old Charter with the mis-matched S&W Tyler t-grip is a good shooter (It replaced the one I lost in divorce #2). I wouldn’t be embarrassed to carry it (and sometimes do).View attachment 3878948
I got that exact model in the cabinet now. Bought it from a local member last month. It had been his Top of the Fridge Gun for many years. Mine don't have the T grip though. If you REALLY want it I would trade for lots of different things.

I got that exact model in the cabinet now. Bought it from a local member last month. It had been his Top of the Fridge Gun for many years. Mine don't have the T grip though. If you REALLY want it I would trade for lots of different things.
The pic is the one I currently have. Thanks, but don’t need another.

Back
Top Bottom