• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I Don't Get It...Clue Me In

I trade because I only have so much liquid assets. When you live off of 1/4 or less of what you did when you were young a capable of working, it makes things kinda tight. I don’t care sometimes about value as long as two men walk away from a deal happy then all’s well. I will sell guns at times when I need liquid assets but won’t buy one with. It takes me several months to save even $200.

Here's the problem.

This is a phone:

upload_2020-6-19_19-28-2.png

This is a computer:

upload_2020-6-19_19-29-38.png

TY gents for the guidance & support.
Mr. Heavy, think I still have a finger crank
phone around here somewhere. That's the
kind of hand held 'puter folks keep telling
me I need to get. Just not quite ready. Want
to make sure they're going to catch on, not
just a fad. Plus when the next newest greatest
comes along maybe one above will be on sale.

I'm mostly a sailor and a buyer, but when I do a trade I'm not real concerned with equal value up to a point. For example I had a Taurus Tracker 357 mag that I absolutely hated and traded for a real clean numbers matching Norinco SKS back when SKS's were $250ish. I don't consider that a loss because I now have a gun I like. I have traded the other way too where my gun was the lesser value and both parties were happy. If you're worried about breaking even or making a profit then it's no longer a hobby imo.

This.

The few times I traded, it was something I did really like or need, for something i really wanted. Yeah maybe I lost a few dollars, but I ended up with something I really wanted and could use.

I think a lot of traders here are eat up with the fear that someone will get the best of them, and they are less a man for that.

I take some comfort in the fact that my life isn't going to go up or down on the few dollars in an ODT, and I'm at the stage that if I want to blow some dollars on something because I like it, I'd free to do so.

Back
Top Bottom