• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I Don't Get It...Clue Me In

Has gun for sale: $500 cash
Trade value: $800
:confused2:

I could be wrong, but I look at it like this. If my used 800 dollar gun is now 500 In cash, I’m not trading for your gun that’s 500 new and now 400 used. I’d trade for a similar priced used gun.

I could be totally wrong though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% this. Wifey finds out I just got cash, she thinks it's "ours" which means hers. If I trade, I can get a new toy and no money is spent, and she's none the wiser. Even though selling something to buy something else is literally the same thing, women don't see it that way.
So that's why. I thought there had to be a legitimate reason for it.

I could be wrong, but I look at it like this. If my used 800 dollar gun is now 500 In cash, I’m not trading for your gun that’s 500 new and now 400 used. I’d trade for a similar priced used gun.

I could be totally wrong though

I can see where you’re coming from with that and that does make some sense.

I'm mostly a sailor and a buyer, but when I do a trade I'm not real concerned with equal value up to a point. For example I had a Taurus Tracker 357 mag that I absolutely hated and traded for a real clean numbers matching Norinco SKS back when SKS's were $250ish. I don't consider that a loss because I now have a gun I like. I have traded the other way too where my gun was the lesser value and both parties were happy. If you're worried about breaking even or making a profit then it's no longer a hobby imo.

You're cruising a site full of trash trying to find a diamond in the rough for a decent price. It's not going to happen. Retards want full retail for their used promags that don't work and people with quality items aren't getting rid of them, because shocker, there's no reason to get rid of quality kit

You're cruising a site full of trash trying to find a diamond in the rough for a decent price. It's not going to happen. Retards want full retail for their used promags that don't work and people with quality items aren't getting rid of them, because shocker, there's no reason to get rid of quality kit

True that. Most people with quality stuff aren’t getting rid of it on here, it’s a bunch of enthusiast. We hold on to those things. Occasionally stuff does pop up though

Back
Top Bottom